• Welcome to the Lightroom Queen Forums! We're a friendly bunch, so please feel free to register and join in the conversation. If you're not familiar with forums, you'll find step by step instructions on how to post your first thread under Help at the bottom of the page. You're also welcome to download our free Lightroom Quick Start eBooks and explore our other FAQ resources.
  • Stop struggling with Lightroom! There's no need to spend hours hunting for the answers to your Lightroom Classic questions. All the information you need is in Adobe Lightroom Classic - The Missing FAQ!

To help you get started, there's a series of easy tutorials to guide you through a simple workflow. As you grow in confidence, the book switches to a conversational FAQ format, so you can quickly find answers to advanced questions. And better still, the eBooks are updated for every release, so it's always up to date.

Collection - is it possible to download a collection from a link

Status
Not open for further replies.

Photosynthesis

Lightroom Experience
Advanced
Lightroom Version
Classic
Lightroom Version Number
Operating System
  1. macOS 13 Ventura
I have lost a collection from my catalogue in the process of creating a new Master catalogue. However, I had emailed the link to the collection to a client and the collection and it is still available online. The client has made comments and selected the photos they want.

I have the original photos in a folder in the new "Master" catalogue, but it would be helpful to still have access to the collection from the "Master " catalog too.

Is there anyway of downloaded a collection from the cloud using the link I have?

No answers yet? So I will have a 'stab' at a reply with my thoughts-
TBMK if you 'Sync' a new catalog, it will download (original full-size) files from the Cloud into a Folder structure you specify in Preferences>Lightroom Sync.
Now IF you only have Proxy (Smart Preview) photos that were synced 'up' from the previous Catalog, then they may just re-link with the Original files that remain on the Hard-drive, and Lr Albums would re-create LrC Collections.
I guess you can only try by turning on the 'Sync' in the new Catalog and see what eventuates.

To be clear- you photos are never "in a catalog"- The LrC Catalog only references the photo files in their location on a hard-drive. So you MUST have the original files stored locally.

Another thought- It is possible to recover a specific 'Collection' to the LrC Catalog (IF the photo files still exist!) by a partial restore from a backup (or 'old') catalog.
RESTORE PARTIAL from backup catalog?

Would like to see replies from other users that are more familiar with Lr (Cloud) than I.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back