• Welcome to the Lightroom Queen Forums! We're a friendly bunch, so please feel free to register and join in the conversation. If you're not familiar with forums, you'll find step by step instructions on how to post your first thread under Help at the bottom of the page. You're also welcome to download our free Lightroom Quick Start eBooks and explore our other FAQ resources.
  • Are you using the cloud-based Lightroom apps for iOS, Android, Windows, Mac, and Web? Then you'll love my book, Adobe Lightroom - Edit on the Go!

You'll learn how to use the Lightroom cloud ecosystem to organize, edit and share your photos. You'll also come to understand the thought processes used by professional photographers when they're editing their own photos, so you can transform your photos quickly and easily. And better still, the eBooks are updated for every release, so it's always up to date.
  • Dark mode now has a single preference for the whole site! It's a simple toggle switch in the bottom right-hand corner of any page. As it uses a cookie to store your preference, you may need to dismiss the cookie banner before you can see it. Any problems, please let us know!

Cmd-A not working on my Macbook

Status
Not open for further replies.

rtcary

Lightroom Experience
Advanced
Lightroom Version
Lightroom Version Number
LR CC 6
Operating System
  1. macOS 10.15 Catalina
I'm not regular user of Lightroom CC, and went there today, and in the process of trying to delete some images, the use of Cmd-A produces the familiar error tone. I able to work around this by using the regular Shift to select the images between first and last, so this is a more informative posting to see if others have this problem or if there is something I have missed in settings.

Thanks and stay safe...

Todd

Hi Todd

It's unclear which version of Lightroom you're talking about here (is it Classic or Cloud?) but Cmd-A works in both the applications. I assume you mean Lightroom (cloud-based). Have you got Cmd-A assigned to something else in the OS?

If it is the Cloud version, Cmd-A only works in one of the grid modes and isn't available in Display mode (unlike Classic which works in both Grid and Loupe modes).

If it is the Cloud version, Cmd-A only works in one of the grid modes and isn't available in Display mode (unlike Classic which works in both Grid and Loupe modes).
Sure enough, it just work in one of the modes - the one least obvious.

This is the first time I have asked about the Cloud version, so I'm not sure how to differentiate between the Classic and Cloud - is that the customary way: Classic and Cloud?

Thank you...

Todd

I'm not sure how to differentiate between the Classic and Cloud - is that the customary way: Classic and Cloud?
That works! You'll find the version numbers are different when you go to Help menu > System Info. None of them are called LR CC 6, mentioned in your first post, so that's always a good clue.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back