• Welcome to the Lightroom Queen Forums! We're a friendly bunch, so please feel free to register and join in the conversation. If you're not familiar with forums, you'll find step by step instructions on how to post your first thread under Help at the bottom of the page. You're also welcome to download our free Lightroom Quick Start eBooks and explore our other FAQ resources.
  • Stop struggling with Lightroom! There's no need to spend hours hunting for the answers to your Lightroom Classic questions. All the information you need is in Adobe Lightroom Classic - The Missing FAQ!

To help you get started, there's a series of easy tutorials to guide you through a simple workflow. As you grow in confidence, the book switches to a conversational FAQ format, so you can quickly find answers to advanced questions. And better still, the eBooks are updated for every release, so it's always up to date.

Import Cloud Syncing problem (solution)

Status
Not open for further replies.

clee01l

Lightroom Guru
Premium Classic Member
Premium Cloud Member
Lightroom Experience
Power User
Lightroom Version
Cloud Service
Lightroom Version Number
Lightroom Classic v10.3
Operating System
  1. macOS 11 Big Sur
Yesterday, I returned from a long trip. On the trip I used my iPadPro to import my Z7 NEFs to the Adobe cloud. This part of the process went smoothly and everything I shot made it to the cloud. I expected to find all of my trip photos on my iMac when I returned. None were there and the sync status showed 174 downloading and 11 for metadata upload changes. The Sync was stuck there and 24 hours after I returned, the dial did not budge. I have Lightroom for the desktop installed on this machine and I started it to see if it would pickup the new image files. It too seemed stuck on synching.

I have see several reports of sync failures. So I thought this might be a trend and a problem with Adobe or Lightroom Classic on the new M1 iMac.

Further research on my end revealed that my Adobe Creative Cloud App had stopped. I restarted it and it wanted to update it self. Repair did not work but a new downloaded copy of Adobe Creative Cloud did the trick As soon as I had the Adobe Creative Cloud app installed and running, Lightroom Classic synching took off.

So, for synching problems the solution might not br Lightroom Classic but the Adobe Creative Cloud app.

Yesterday, I returned from a long trip. On the trip I used my iPadPro to import my Z7 NEFs to the Adobe cloud. This part of the process went smoothly and everything I shot made it to the cloud. I expected to find all of my trip photos on my iMac when I returned. None were there and the sync status showed 174 downloading and 11 for metadata upload changes. The Sync was stuck there and 24 hours after I returned, the dial did not budge. I have Lightroom for the desktop installed on this machine and I started it to see if it would pickup the new image files. It too seemed stuck on synching.

I have see several reports of sync failures. So I thought this might be a trend and a problem with Adobe or Lightroom Classic on the new M1 iMac.

Further research on my end revealed that my Adobe Creative Cloud App had stopped. I restarted it and it wanted to update it self. Repair did not work but a new downloaded copy of Adobe Creative Cloud did the trick As soon as I had the Adobe Creative Cloud app installed and running, Lightroom Classic synching took off.

So, for synching problems the solution might not br Lightroom Classic but the Adobe Creative Cloud app.
Cleeo; I was just coming on the forum to post this sync problem. i have had 3 files downloading for 2 days. The cloud icon is green and the status is "Synced". I eve prepared a screenshot to show the issue. So thank you for posting this thread.

What is the "Creative Cloud App" you are referring to? Is it LR desktop? I need to fix this problem. but I do not want to loose what is in LR when I re-install the app. How did you do that? y\You must not have lost any pictures and data.

As an aside I just had a 2 hour chat with Adobe support this morning trying to understand why Adobe has in it's Sync FAQ an entry that says that Adobe does not recommend using LR and LRC together as there may. e sync conflicts. I did not get a clear understanding of that and neither did the agent. She said she would keep the case open and I could pose a request for an better explanation of what they are recommending and why on there feedback site. It seems to me that if not using them together is there recommendation than way have all this syncing set up in LRC?

Cleeo; I was just coming on the forum to post this sync problem. i have had 3 files downloading for 2 days. The cloud icon is green and the status is "Synced". I eve prepared a screenshot to show the issue. So thank you for posting this thread.

What is the "Creative Cloud App" you are referring to? Is it LR desktop? I need to fix this problem. but I do not want to loose what is in LR when I re-install the app. How did you do that? y\You must not have lost any pictures and data.

As an aside I just had a 2 hour chat with Adobe support this morning trying to understand why Adobe has in it's Sync FAQ an entry that says that Adobe does not recommend using LR and LRC together as there may. e sync conflicts. I did not get a clear understanding of that and neither did the agent. She said she would keep the case open and I could pose a request for an better explanation of what they are recommending and why on there feedback site. It seems to me that if not using them together is there recommendation than way have all this syncing set up in LRC?
Here is the screen shot I forgot it

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2021-08-16 at 10.53.41 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2021-08-16 at 10.53.41 PM.png
    1.5 MB · Views: 97
The Adobe Creative Cloud App should be showing as a background app. I don't know how this would appear in a current version of Windows but on the Mac tool bar, it appears as a black infinity icon.

It is recommended that you not run both Lightroom and LightroomClassic on the same desktop. If you import new images from Lightroom on the desktop, the Images would sync to the cloud and from the cloud back down to your Lightroom Classic catalog. Potentially the upload and download operations could be occurring at the same time and this might confuse the Adobe server process the is managing the cloud images. I find that it is safe to use Lightroom on the desktop to VIEW images that are in the Adobe cloud. I would not recommend importing or editing using Lightroom on the Desktop if I want to manage all of my images in Lightroom Classic.

In your Preferences panel, if you click on the right pointing triangle to the left of "Sync Activity..." it will show you the 3 images downloading from the cloud and their status. Note that Lightroom Classic can not manage video files in the download from the cloud.

Screen Shot 2021-08-17 at 8.33.54 AM.png

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back