Status
Not open for further replies.

Gronlund I

Premium Classic Member
Lightroom Experience
Advanced
Lightroom Version
Classic
Every time, when I close LR 2.3 by clicking X in the top right corner While in slideshow or print module makes my PC to close down and reboot.
Last night I even lost my preferences and the bath to the lrcat file. Everything after reboot and LR restart was like just after the first LR-install
(LR default).

It occasionally happens that I forget to switch to library or develop module
before closing, so its quite annoying and causes extra trouble.

Have been asking this before (not shure if just on this forum), but got no
"good" explanation. Am I the only one having this problem? May be it is the matter of my system and not LR at all.

Still loving LR:D

Gronlund, I'm just acknowledging the problem, didn't want you to feel ignored. Don't really have any suggestions for you though. I don't know if you are the only one, but I haven't heard of this as a 'common' problem.

Your PC specifications seem adequate to the job. Have you tried creating a new small catalog to play with, does it have the same problems? Do you have access to another PC to experiment with?

Thank You for your answers.
Like You suggested Brad, I tried it with my laptop (Windows XP, too) and everything
was normal, no shutdowns. So it must be something mysterious in my desktop system.
Just can't figure out what.

To sizzlingbadger: It's like a normal shutdown-restart behaviour. No blue screen.

Thank You sizzlinbadger, but seems to become too difficult for me. Event viewer?
System or Applicaton event log?
Maybe I have to find some nerd from neighbourhood.

Some other thoughts:

* Update your current video drivers to the most recent version. LR may be pushing your video drivers beyond their breaking point (or hitting upon a bug), and that's a very quick way to get a reboot.

* In fact, update all your drivers. It's possible any one of your attached peripherals (the tablet, etc.) has a bad driver and LR is running into it.

* Your desktop's memory may be bad. LR uses lots of memory, and it may be running into a bad spot of it. That'll also quickly cause a reboot/blue-screen.

* Also, Does the behaviour occur only in LR, or does it occur in other memory/graphically intense programs? (i.e. games, Photoshop, etc.)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back