clicked star rating photo disappeared

Status
Not open for further replies.

elliemhoo

Lightroom Version Number
Light Room Classic 9.1
Operating System
  1. Windows 10
Okay this is really weird. I was in develop mode editing some photos. I was working in the catalog not in a collection (I think that is a no no, right?). I wanted to rate the photo I was working on with a 5 star rating. I clicked on it and immediately lightroom advanced to the next photo. I tried again on another photo and the same thing happened. I tried lots of times and then finally realized the photos I had tried to rate were no longer showing in the filmstrip or in grid view. I started with 41 photos in the file and now I have 32 left -- though the count still says 41. What is happening and where did my edited photos go? I tried to find them in library mode, but they aren't there either! Thanks for your help. I am using light room 9.1 on Win 10.

First, there is no issue working in Develop with a collection. You can use develop. from any view or filtered view of your inventory.
Check your menu {Photo}{Auto Advance}. If this is checked, Lightroom will auto advance to the next image in the current view. If Auto Advance is not want you want uncheck it.

Okay this is really weird. I was in develop mode editing some photos. I was working in the catalog not in a collection (I think that is a no no, right?). I wanted to rate the photo I was working on with a 5 star rating. I clicked on it and immediately lightroom advanced to the next photo. I tried again on another photo and the same thing happened. I tried lots of times and then finally realized the photos I had tried to rate were no longer showing in the filmstrip or in grid view. I started with 41 photos in the file and now I have 32 left -- though the count still says 41. What is happening and where did my edited photos go? I tried to find them in library mode, but they aren't there either! Thanks for your help. I am using light room 9.1 on Win 10.
You probably had an active filter, that filtered on photos with less than five stars. Each time you rated a photo five stars, it no longer fitted the filter criteria and so it disappeared from the selection.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back