'Clear' doesn't clear

Status
Not open for further replies.

I Simonius

Lightroom Experience
Intermediate
After making way too many adjustemnts on an image I used that 'WOW global reset' preset Idownloaded form somewhere.. but when I hit 'clear' ist doesnt get me the original unchanged file back - its te same as what the 'globa;l reset' left me with, i.e lower contrast than the original -' Iknow i can fix it but why doesnt 'clear' get me back to te image as when it was first looked at in develop before any settings were applied?

Try going to the History and going back to the Import state. Does that solve it?

Victoria Bampton;3'25 said:
Try going to the History and going back to the Import state. Does that solve it?

nope doesn't seem to:frown:

Ok, so explain to me what you're trying to get back to...? I'm guessing what you're hoping to revert to is the initial preview that you see before LR applies ANY adjustments - but that's the embedded jpeg I'm afraid. You'd have to create a preset to try to match that, as the camera manufacturers aren't friendly enough to share their settings.

Victoria Bampton;3'32 said:
Ok, so explain to me what you're trying to get back to...? I'm guessing what you're hoping to revert to is the initial preview that you see before LR applies ANY adjustments -
You'd have to create a preset to try to match that, as the camera manufacturers aren't friendly enough to share their settings.

mmm, close,.. before applying a series of split tone adjustmenst which I saved as presets I had made a few other adjustments that took a while ansd which I didnt want to lose (desaturate HSL+liminance adjustments+sparpening and maskingetc) but I guess as you point out that was justa jpg preview?

But do you mean a LR created jpg preview ofr In camera created preview

I ONLY make adjustments on RAW files so although I have an in camera jpg created along with the RAW file in B+W just so I can check composition in camera, so I presume you mean LR created?

I didn't realise that was what it did

What Im tring to get back to was the version that I had before I set the presets , because the other changes were still there underneatn the (split tone)preset, so I could adjust the presets

Ah, ok, that makes sense. In that case, look in the History panel, find the Import stage, and work your way forward from there - I'd hope it would still remember the desaturate HSL & luminance adjustments etc in the history... if you carry on far enough, you'll probably find the presets you applied.

Victoria Bampton;3'38 said:
Ah, ok, that makes sense. In that case, look in the History panel, find the Import stage, and work your way forward from there - I'd hope it would still remember the desaturate HSL & luminance adjustments etc in the history... if you carry on far enough, you'll probably find the presets you applied.

There's nothing in the history excapt 'import'. That's it:?

Sorry, I've just read back through, and realised what you meant. Clear doesn't clear your settings... it clears your history, which means you can't go back to an earlier version. Unless you have a backup of your catalog with those settings, or you wrote to xmp, then it's time to start again, sorry!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back