• Welcome to the Lightroom Queen Forums! We're a friendly bunch, so please feel free to register and join in the conversation. If you're not familiar with forums, you'll find step by step instructions on how to post your first thread under Help at the bottom of the page. You're also welcome to download our free Lightroom Quick Start eBooks and explore our other FAQ resources.
  • Stop struggling with Lightroom! There's no need to spend hours hunting for the answers to your Lightroom Classic questions. All the information you need is in Adobe Lightroom Classic - The Missing FAQ!

To help you get started, there's a series of easy tutorials to guide you through a simple workflow. As you grow in confidence, the book switches to a conversational FAQ format, so you can quickly find answers to advanced questions. And better still, the eBooks are updated for every release, so it's always up to date.

Classic update create a new folder "Reset folder"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Banke

Lightroom Experience
Power User
Lightroom Version
Classic
Lightroom Version Number
Lightroom Classic 8.3
Operating System
  1. Windows 10
I have updated Classic to version 8.3 via the desktop app. The update made a new folder in the root of my C drive with the name "reset folder" instead of installing in the folder C: Application files Adobe where the previous version was installed. Is there anyone in this forum who can explain this?

Windows 10 is updated and the version is English

Jørgen Banke Thomsen

I don't see that on Windows 10, either. LR 8.3 got installed in the normal place with no "reset folder."

I have come home where my desktop is and updated without problems.
It is perhaps a problem on my laptop that is only 6 months old.
Windows 10 64bit Intel i7 2.2 Ghz 32 Gb Ram and 500Gb SSD disk.

A brief update on this installation problem.

I have investigated the reason why Lightroom Classic was not installed correctly.

I found the reason in the Creative Cloud app.

In the Preferences menu under the Apps tab there is a point where you define Install Location it pointed to the "Reset Folder" I changed it to the right location, the folder "program files"

I installed Lightroom again and now everything is as it should be.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back