• Welcome to the Lightroom Queen Forums! We're a friendly bunch, so please feel free to register and join in the conversation. If you're not familiar with forums, you'll find step by step instructions on how to post your first thread under Help at the bottom of the page. You're also welcome to download our free Lightroom Quick Start eBooks and explore our other FAQ resources.
  • Stop struggling with Lightroom! There's no need to spend hours hunting for the answers to your Lightroom Classic questions. All the information you need is in Adobe Lightroom Classic - The Missing FAQ!

To help you get started, there's a series of easy tutorials to guide you through a simple workflow. As you grow in confidence, the book switches to a conversational FAQ format, so you can quickly find answers to advanced questions. And better still, the eBooks are updated for every release, so it's always up to date.

Classic taking a long time to load after external drive reconnected.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chris Wimlett

Premium Cloud Member
Lightroom Experience
Beginner
Lightroom Version
Cloud Service
Lightroom Version Number
Lightroom Classic version: 8.4.1
Operating System
  1. Windows 10
I've recently returned to using Classic so don't remember this being a problem in the past. My images are held on an external drive and I often edit on my laptop with the drive disconnected - Classic opens quickly on these occasions. When I do reconnect the drive and load Classic for the first time it can take up to 10 minutes to open - showing as unresposive in the top bar (Windows 10). Subsequent Classic opens with the drive still connected take seconds. Is this normal or is there a way to speed things up? Catalogue contains around 6000 images.

I would try "white-listing" your image folders in your anti-virus software and see if that makes a difference.

Thanks that's a good thought - I moved from Mac to Windows last year and keep forgetting about the anti-virus software.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back