• Welcome to the Lightroom Queen Forums! We're a friendly bunch, so please feel free to register and join in the conversation. If you're not familiar with forums, you'll find step by step instructions on how to post your first thread under Help at the bottom of the page. You're also welcome to download our free Lightroom Quick Start eBooks and explore our other FAQ resources.
  • Stop struggling with Lightroom! There's no need to spend hours hunting for the answers to your Lightroom Classic questions. All the information you need is in Adobe Lightroom Classic - The Missing FAQ!

To help you get started, there's a series of easy tutorials to guide you through a simple workflow. As you grow in confidence, the book switches to a conversational FAQ format, so you can quickly find answers to advanced questions. And better still, the eBooks are updated for every release, so it's always up to date.
  • Dark mode now has a single preference for the whole site! It's a simple toggle switch in the bottom right-hand corner of any page. As it uses a cookie to store your preference, you may need to dismiss the cookie banner before you can see it. Any problems, please let us know!

Classic 8.4 not syncing completely sticking at 31, a bug?

Status
Not open for further replies.

andrew.j.crouch

Photographer
Lightroom Experience
Advanced
Lightroom Version
Classic
Lightroom Version Number
Classic 8.4
Operating System
  1. macOS 10.14 Mojave
Hi all, I've noticed quite a few threads about the syncing with the cloud being broken and not completely uploading since upgrading. I've been on the Adobe forum and haven't had a lot of help with the usual methods being advise on, which don't work by the way! I am stuck on 31 files with it 'syncing' on the interface and preparing to sync in the preference pane. I have also done the synclr. file deleting method and that does'nt work either. I surmise its a bug in the new version? Any ideas?
P.S. It's a handy option for me to show clients work etc but if I can't upload to the cloud then it's a bit pointless.
Many thanks, Andy

Hi Andy, welcome to the forum!

I'm equally convinced that there's an unusual uptick in sync error reports. When I asked Adobe on Thursday, they think the numbers are about normal, but I suspect that's because people are telling me and reporting them on here instead of on the official bug forum.

Have you checked Photo Editor | Online Photoshop Lightroom to see if there's a Sync Errors collection?

Hi Victoria,

Thanks for your speedy 'bank holiday' reply! Yes I've checked my Online Photoshop Lightroom and can't see any problems but I'll look again. As I said I've been through all the supposed fixes. I've posted a post on the Adobe Lightroom forum so that problem should have been noted?
Thanks again and lets hope there is a mysterious new update!
Cheers,
Andy

Great, make sure it's the Official Feature Request/Bug Report Forum at Photoshop Family Customer Community because there's so much traffic on the user-to-user forums, it'll get lost there.

Thanks Victoria, have just posted on the Family site for a bug request and for them to fix it asap.
Cheers,
Andy

Great, make sure it's the Official Feature Request/Bug Report Forum at Photoshop Family Customer Community because there's so much traffic on the user-to-user forums, it'll get lost there.
Just read a load of comments on the Photoshop Family and Lightroom forums and a few people are reverting their Lightroom Classic back to the previous version and apparently with that the sync starts. I've had no joy except sending the new Sync Log to Adobe and have had no reply yet. Wait and see?

Hi Victoria, I have reverted back to V8.31 and my collections have all synced correctly. Adobe have been very quiet on the forums about this so hopefully an update will be forthcoming? Very disappointing support from Adobe!
Cheers, Andy

I'll flag up your experience for a staff member. The main bug forum staff have been on vacation for a couple of weeks, so it's been quieter than usual.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back