• Welcome to the Lightroom Queen Forums! We're a friendly bunch, so please feel free to register and join in the conversation. If you're not familiar with forums, you'll find step by step instructions on how to post your first thread under Help at the bottom of the page. You're also welcome to download our free Lightroom Quick Start eBooks and explore our other FAQ resources.
  • Stop struggling with Lightroom! There's no need to spend hours hunting for the answers to your Lightroom Classic questions. All the information you need is in Adobe Lightroom Classic - The Missing FAQ!

To help you get started, there's a series of easy tutorials to guide you through a simple workflow. As you grow in confidence, the book switches to a conversational FAQ format, so you can quickly find answers to advanced questions. And better still, the eBooks are updated for every release, so it's always up to date.
  • Dark mode now has a single preference for the whole site! It's a simple toggle switch in the bottom right-hand corner of any page. As it uses a cookie to store your preference, you may need to dismiss the cookie banner before you can see it. Any problems, please let us know!

Chromatic(?) Issues

Status
Not open for further replies.

N+13

Chuck N+13
Premium Classic Member
Lightroom Experience
Intermediate
Lightroom Version
Classic
Operating System:Mac High Sierra
Exact Lightroom Version (Help menu > System Info):Classic CC 2015.12

On Easter Island I shot Moai at dawn with the sun coming up behind, bracketing for HDR. It gave me some interesting star bursts. It also gave me gold glows on the edges of the stone. I first thought that combining the photos created this (alignment or other), but I quickly saw it on the original exposures. Remove chromatic aberration (Lens Correction / Profile setting) is in a preset at load time. I tried manually turning it off and on again in Development. No joy. Does anyone have an idea 1) is it likely a chromatic problem?, and 2) how to get around it. Thanks

Can you upload an image to show us what you mean?

Does anyone know the max file size?

I don't know exactly, but a screenshot of the portion of the image in question will likely fit.

I am trying but a snippet of the image in a screenshot is still judged as too big. I can't seem to get it to you.

Are you using the Upload a File button at the bottom right? You should be.
2018-03-04 16_44_37-5-2-2 - Adobe Photoshop Lightroom Classic - Library.jpg

Yeah, Hal, I just now, again, used the upload a file button to push a jpg of the photo (5 meg) and it was too large. The png screenshot is 254K and I get the same message. I don't know what is going on.

Going back to my original description, do you have any thoughts from what I said? Anyone else that has been waiting to see the photo, I'm sorry, but please wade in now. I appreciate any thoughts you might have. If a web master is monitoring - help!

Have you tried manually removing the halo, using the dropper tool? This works on typical CA colours and will prove if the issue is due to the lens or not. BTW the dropper tool is in the lens correction window under the manual tab.

Hi happy,
I will look at this when I return home. Thanks for the suggestion. I will get back with you to let you know what happens.

Yeah, Hal, I just now, again, used the upload a file button to push a jpg of the photo (5 meg) and it was too large. The png screenshot is 254K and I get the same message. I don't know what is going on.

Going back to my original description, do you have any thoughts from what I said? Anyone else that has been waiting to see the photo, I'm sorry, but please wade in now. I appreciate any thoughts you might have. If a web master is monitoring - help!

Perhaps you could crop the image within LR and export it as a jpg. That should get the file size down. Maybe the "Upload a File" button can't handle a *.png file?

One possibility (as I learned the hard way) is that your haloes are from oversharpening, either within LR or in your camera. Can't really evaluate this possibility without seeing the image, however.

Perhaps you could crop the image within LR and export it as a jpg. That should get the file size down. Maybe the "Upload a File" button can't handle a *.png file?

PNG files are supported. I've attached one, which is larger than N+13's, let's see if it uploads.

Chromatic____Issues___Lightroom_Queen_Forums.png

Yep, no problem. Suggest trying again.

Let me catch everyone up on what I tried. I exported a jpg limited to 5 meg and a screen shot that was 250K. Next I tried an export a different photo to jpg unlimited (measures 12 meg). I used the button for "upload a file" and get a red message in each case saying the file is too big. I'm at a loss.

To Happycracker: I'm at a loss of using an eyedropper to fix this. Can you point me at a URL for me to learn this technique?

I think the Guru's have slightly larger limits... hang on...

1024KB max, 1600px x 1600px max.
supported file types: txt, pdf, png, jpg, jpeg, gif, lrtemplate, xmp

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back