Choppy Video Playback

Status
Not open for further replies.

lgphotography

Lightroom Experience
Advanced
Lightroom Version
Classic
I'm using the latest version of LR CC on an early 2009 MacBook Pro. Last week I installed a new SSD drive and everything is amazingly fast now. But the one thing that did not improve for me is video playback in LR. If it does anything at all it plays the first two seconds with sound and picture, then the sound continues but the picture either freezes entirely or plays very choppily until the end. I tried purging the video cache, no change. These videos play perfectly in the finder. What else can I try?

Choppy video is generally attributed to inadequate buffering and or insufficient VRAM to handle the data. LR is already taking up significant resources. Adding a video stream probably overwhelms your machine.

Choppy video is generally attributed to inadequate buffering and or insufficient VRAM to handle the data. LR is already taking up significant resources. Adding a video stream probably overwhelms your machine.

I used to be able to watch and apply develop presets no problem. I'm not sure when this started happening since I rarely work with video but I was hoping that the new drive would fix it. Alas that's not the case. I have maxed out the RAM in my elderly machine but everything else works perfectly.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back