• Welcome to the Lightroom Queen Forums! We're a friendly bunch, so please feel free to register and join in the conversation. If you're not familiar with forums, you'll find step by step instructions on how to post your first thread under Help at the bottom of the page. You're also welcome to download our free Lightroom Quick Start eBooks and explore our other FAQ resources.
  • Stop struggling with Lightroom! There's no need to spend hours hunting for the answers to your Lightroom Classic questions. All the information you need is in Adobe Lightroom Classic - The Missing FAQ!

To help you get started, there's a series of easy tutorials to guide you through a simple workflow. As you grow in confidence, the book switches to a conversational FAQ format, so you can quickly find answers to advanced questions. And better still, the eBooks are updated for every release, so it's always up to date.

Changing time on batch of photos

Status
Not open for further replies.

kiz101

Lightroom Experience
Intermediate
Lightroom Version
6.x
Lightroom Version Number
Lightroom CC
Operating System
I am wanting to select a batch of photos from a wedding and change the time (one of my cameras was set to the wrong date)

However when I select the batch of photos then in LIBARY mode I go to METADATA - Edit Capture time (change the times to required)

However instead of showing up a button saying "Change all" it is only allowing me to change one file at a time - see screen shot.

Anyone have an idea on what I am doing incorrectly? Thanks so much for your help

I would recommend the exiftool to change it. There are several fields for "capture time" but LR changes only one of them.

For example, if you like to shift all times by 1 Hour 30 Minutes use
exiftool -P -AllDates+=1:30 IMG_*.jpg

There are also Plugins to run exiftool commands, e.g. Run Any Command or Capture Time to Exif

Best Regards

Thanks for your reply and great idea Wernfield however I am super keen to adjust in lightroom as I have already edited most of the wedding and want to get order right before exporting.

Ive used this tool in the past and I can see on Your tube people having the "change all" button appear when they do the same as me - not sure where I am going wrong.

Hi kiz101, welcome to the forum!

Doing it in Lightroom is a good plan. Are you in Grid view when you're selecting multiple photos? That would be my first suspect.

Also, I have noticed that certain batch-operations (like synchronising settings to multiple photo's) don't work if you try to do that in the grid view on a secondary monitor. It will only copy the settings to the first photo that you selected.

Also, I have noticed that certain batch-operations (like synchronising settings to multiple photo's) don't work if you try to do that in the grid view on a secondary monitor. It will only copy the settings to the first photo that you selected.
Yes, most functions apply to whatever's selected on the primary monitor, simply because LR doesn't know which one you're looking at at the time. So Grid view on primary will apply to all photos, but anything else only applies to the active photo. There are exceptions, such as Export will do all selected even if you're viewing Loupe on primary, or Sync will sync to all selected photos regardless of where they're selected, but those exceptions are rare.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back