• Welcome to the Lightroom Queen Forums! We're a friendly bunch, so please feel free to register and join in the conversation. If you're not familiar with forums, you'll find step by step instructions on how to post your first thread under Help at the bottom of the page. You're also welcome to download our free Lightroom Quick Start eBooks and explore our other FAQ resources.
  • Dark mode now has a single preference for the whole site! It's a simple toggle switch in the bottom right-hand corner of any page. As it uses a cookie to store your preference, you may need to dismiss the cookie banner before you can see it. Any problems, please let us know!

Changing the font size in the left and right panels in the Development mode

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fotocano60D

Lightroom Experience
Beginner
Lightroom Version
I am using a MacBook Pro 17 " screen size. I have set up the dock to run vertically on the left hand size. I am having problems seeing the print size of the file names, history, collection folders in the left panel of the develop module and also the print size of the Basic, Tone Curve, etc right hand side panel. I was at a workshop yesterday and my neighbour had a 15" screen. I noticed that I had no problem seeing and reading the items in the panels. How can I change the size of the font?

Hi.

Go to the menu bar -> Lightroom -> preferences -> interface -> Font size (found top right).
Unfortunately only two options: Large and Small.

Tony Jay

This is a reality with Retina displays. If I understand, you do not have a Retina display. What native resolution do you have the display set for? What is the native resolution of your display? If after setting the the font to Large you are still not able to reasonably view the letters on the screen, what or the options do you have at your disposal. Have you considered reading glasses? Most computer displays are designed for young eyes.

This is a reality with Retina displays. If I understand, you do not have a Retina display. What native resolution do you have the display set for? What is the native resolution of your display? If after setting the the font to Large you are still not able to reasonably view the letters on the screen, what or the options do you have at your disposal. Have you considered reading glasses? Most computer displays are designed for young eyes.

Good morning, I have managed to set the font to large and it has helped. Uh, I have had glasses for more than 10 years.....bifocals . Unfortunately, I have a cataract and am on the waiting list for surgery. Yep! I know I am no spring chicken !

Good morning, I have managed to set the font to large and it has helped. Uh, I have had glasses for more than 10 years.....bifocals . Unfortunately, I have a cataract and am on the waiting list for surgery. Yep! I know I am no spring chicken !
I to am looking at cataract surgery probably in the next 6 months too. I'm not expecting to be on any waiting list. Do you live in a country with rationed socialized medicine?

I to am looking at cataract surgery probably in the next 6 months too. I'm not expecting to be on any waiting list. Do you live in a country with rationed socialized medicine?

We live in Canada. The socialized medicine is not exactly rationed, but the wait lists are incredibly long, particularly in rural Ontario :(!

Hi, I'm new here. I have also followed these instructions (but I'm on a PC with Windows 10). I have more options for font size, but even at the largest size available, my font is teensy-tiny! I AM relatively young, have excellent glasses, and get my eyes checked annually. I've tried adjusting my computer's resolution, and this has helped a little bit (but now everything else in my computer is ridiculously large!) Is there some other way for me to adjust font sizes in these right and left panels?

Hi, I'm new here. I have also followed these instructions (but I'm on a PC with Windows 10). I have more options for font size, but even at the largest size available, my font is teensy-tiny! I AM relatively young, have excellent glasses, and get my eyes checked annually. I've tried adjusting my computer's resolution, and this has helped a little bit (but now everything else in my computer is ridiculously large!) Is there some other way for me to adjust font sizes in these right and left panels?
Welcome to the forum. Yes, LR offers Windows users more font options.
The solution to your font dilemma is going to be in the Windows font and screen resolutions IIRC, there are two settings places in Win 10 that affect the appearance of the fonts on your display.

Some more information is needed before I can be more specific. What computer do you have (Laptop/Desktop?) What is the native resolution of the display in pixels? (I do not think you have your monitor resolution set to the native resolution) What is the diagonal size of your screen? If you have a HiDPI screen (Apple calls this Retina and it is available on some Windows laptops (SurfacePro for example)), the Default Win10 install is not optimum.

The computer is an ASUS Laptop, Model K501UX-WH74, 4k UHD Screen, resolution is set to 3840 x 2160, the screen is 15.6 inch, widescreen.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back