• Welcome to the Lightroom Queen Forums! We're a friendly bunch, so please feel free to register and join in the conversation. If you're not familiar with forums, you'll find step by step instructions on how to post your first thread under Help at the bottom of the page. You're also welcome to download our free Lightroom Quick Start eBooks and explore our other FAQ resources.
  • Dark mode now has a single preference for the whole site! It's a simple toggle switch in the bottom right-hand corner of any page. As it uses a cookie to store your preference, you may need to dismiss the cookie banner before you can see it. Any problems, please let us know!

changing of quality / resolution in slide show

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tom75

Lightroom Experience
Beginner
Hi,

I have used now sometimes the slide show module to create slide shows of specific collections or shoots and I actually like this feature. However I noticed that the quality of the photos is not as good as I would like them to be when viewing the slide show. Pictures are partly noisy and blurry in the slide show whereas the originals are not.

Is it somehow possible to change that and improve slide show viewing quality or so? It is of course only a slide show and how a high quality print but anyway if you show it somebody I would really appreciate a somewhat better quality.

Has anybody noticed the same?

Thanks and regards,
Tom

Hi Tom, is this in the exported slideshow or in the one showing on screen within LR? And have you got it set to render previews first?

Hi Victoria,

yes in the slide show within LR. I have so far never seen any rendering options but I have crossed off "prepare previews in advance" if you mean that?

Thanks and regards,
Tom

Yes, that was the one I meant Tom. You'll want to make sure that stays checked so that it renders the previews in advance. You could try selecting the photos in Grid and going to Library menu > Previews > Render 1:1 Previews and see if that solves it for you.

Thank you very much Victoria.

Really not very obvious but I just tried it and it worked.

Regards,
Tom

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back