Lightroom Experience
Intermediate
Lightroom Version
Cloud Service
Lightroom Version
Lightroom Classic Release 12.1
Operating System
  1. macOS 12 Monterey
How do I change the names of external drives so Lightroom can find the photos? I currently have an enclosure with drives that are almost full and I'll be adding 2 additional drives. I'll then change some of the drive names when I reorganize the files. I have a 2017 iMac Pro running Lightroom Classic 12.1. Thanks in advance for the help.

Lightroom Experience
Power User
If you mean you want to change the name of the drive so it matches what Lightroom expects: that is something you do in the Macintosh Finder. If you mean Lightroom is now expecting the images to be on ‘Drive A’ and you want to change that to ‘Drive B’ because that is where you moved the images to; that is something you do in Lightroom at the folder level, not the disk level: https://www.lightroomqueen.com/lightroom-photos-missing-fix/

Lightroom Experience
Power User
Lightroom Version
Cloud Service
In Finder on the left panel is a list of volumes by name. Right click on the desired volume and choose "Rename..." from the context menu. You will need to do this with all apps that might be using the volume closed (including Lightroom Classic)