• Welcome to the Lightroom Queen Forums! We're a friendly bunch, so please feel free to register and join in the conversation. If you're not familiar with forums, you'll find step by step instructions on how to post your first thread under Help at the bottom of the page. You're also welcome to download our free Lightroom Quick Start eBooks and explore our other FAQ resources.
  • Are you using the cloud-based Lightroom apps for iOS, Android, Windows, Mac, and Web? Then you'll love my book, Adobe Lightroom - Edit on the Go!

You'll learn how to use the Lightroom cloud ecosystem to organize, edit and share your photos. You'll also come to understand the thought processes used by professional photographers when they're editing their own photos, so you can transform your photos quickly and easily. And better still, the eBooks are updated for every release, so it's always up to date.
  • Dark mode now has a single preference for the whole site! It's a simple toggle switch in the bottom right-hand corner of any page. As it uses a cookie to store your preference, you may need to dismiss the cookie banner before you can see it. Any problems, please let us know!

Changing from LR 4.1 (Cloudy) to LR Classic for a new user.

Status
Not open for further replies.

IanGains58

Lightroom Experience
Intermediate
Lightroom Version
6.x
Lightroom Version Number
LR4.1 CC
Operating System
  1. macOS 11 Big Sur
Hi everyone. I'm after some direction on the best way to do the above for a friend who is a subscriber, who is just shooting Canon RAWs. He's only shot about 60 images to date, & has ended up on the LR App program whereas (after discussion !) it seems that the latest version of LR Classic would be more suitable for his workflow. He is using a Macbook Air with 4gb RAM and 62gb of free space on the HDD. His RAWs are on an external HDD.
Many thanks in advance. Ian.

Usually we'd say to install Classic, enable sync and it should sync down the cloud contents. That would work, but for 60 photos, it might be just as simple to export from Cloudy as Original + Settings (to retain any editing he's done) and then import into a clean Classic catalog.

4GB of RAM might be a bit on the low side though, I think the minimum is 8 now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back