• Welcome to the Lightroom Queen Forums! We're a friendly bunch, so please feel free to register and join in the conversation. If you're not familiar with forums, you'll find step by step instructions on how to post your first thread under Help at the bottom of the page. You're also welcome to download our free Lightroom Quick Start eBooks and explore our other FAQ resources.
  • Stop struggling with Lightroom! There's no need to spend hours hunting for the answers to your Lightroom Classic questions. All the information you need is in Adobe Lightroom Classic - The Missing FAQ!

To help you get started, there's a series of easy tutorials to guide you through a simple workflow. As you grow in confidence, the book switches to a conversational FAQ format, so you can quickly find answers to advanced questions. And better still, the eBooks are updated for every release, so it's always up to date.

Changing default Photo Text size and Offset in Book Module

Status
Not open for further replies.

tsinsf

Lightroom Experience
Advanced
Lightroom Version
Lightroom Version Number
Lightroom Classic version: 9.2 [ 202001311240-2d026470 ]
Operating System
  1. macOS 10.14 Mojave
I have a question about photo text in the Book Module. I added a title to all my photos for my book in the Library Module, so they appear beneath every photo. The default that is created is larger text than I want and is closer to the photo than I want (the offset). If I click and drag over the text I can decrease the size in the Type area, and then I can lower the location of the text in the Text/Photo Text area by using the Offset slider to change the pt number. My question is how do I make a default Text Size and a Offset pt number that is of my choosing? That is, when I click Auto Layout all the text for all the photos will be the size and at the location I have predetermined. Thank you!

Yes, it is possible, but you may have to make several attempts to learn as you go.

Create a Preset using your font style & size in the [Type] panel.
ScreenShot279.jpg

In the 'Auto Layout' panel- Create a Preset in the Auto Layout Editor
ScreenShot282.jpg

Choose a Page Template that suits the Photo Text, and Check on the [/ ] Add Photo Text, [/ ] Use Text Style Preset -Select your Text Preset.
ScreenShot281.jpg

Save the Auto-Layout Preset.
You can then use this Preset to Auto-Layout from the button in the Auto-Layout panel, or you can set the option in Book Preferences to automatically create an auto-layout book when you enter the Book module.
An example of my Auto-Layout:
ScreenShot283.jpg

Thank you, that takes care of the Photo Text size. I also want to change the Offset in Text/Photo Text so that it will apply to all the photos in the Auto Layout. How can I add that as a default?

I am having real difficulty trying to achieve your requests- I am sure the Book module 'Photo Text' is playing 'silly' with me. I would need more time to experiment.
But if it is an answer to try-
Design a book page (start from a Blank page) exactly as you want it, with the 'Offset' set in the Text panel, then save this page as a Custom Page Template. (Right-Click on the orange frame under the page for the menu)
You use THIS Custom Page as your 'Auto Layout' page in the Auto Layout editor. Or it can be selected to add pages manually.

One big problem is that Custom Page Templates cannot be named (TBMK) so if you create several Custom Page templates that are very alike it is hard to know which is which. I do know that the 'last' page template saved as 'Custom' will always be at the very bottom of the Custom Page list of page template previews. Oh, and Custom Page Templates are specific to one book 'Size' only -8x10, 12x12, etc. Thankfully Custom Page Templates can easily be 'removed' by a [Right-click].

Be careful if using large font sizes- if the text is too large for the Photo Text box- you will not see anything other than a little down arrow indicating 'overflow' (that overflows nowhere!)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back