• Welcome to the Lightroom Queen Forums! We're a friendly bunch, so please feel free to register and join in the conversation. If you're not familiar with forums, you'll find step by step instructions on how to post your first thread under Help at the bottom of the page. You're also welcome to download our free Lightroom Quick Start eBooks and explore our other FAQ resources.
  • Dark mode now has a single preference for the whole site! It's a simple toggle switch in the bottom right-hand corner of any page. As it uses a cookie to store your preference, you may need to dismiss the cookie banner before you can see it. Any problems, please let us know!
Status
Not open for further replies.

BMC2611

Lightroom Experience
Intermediate
Lightroom Version
Hi

I've been having an issue for a while now where the sharpness of my images does not appear correctly when viewed at regular size. When I zoom in to 1:1 the image renders sharp, but when I return to 'Fit' size the sharpness disappears after a split second.

This occurs in both the Library and Develop modules.

It's really frustrating as I don't really know how sharp an image will look until I export or publish it.

Any advice would be much appreciated...

You should only ever judge sharpness (and noise reduction) at 1:1, as there is a risk that the effect is reduced when the image is down-sized for the Fit/Fill window. So if it's good at 1:1, it should be equally as good when you export/publish.

Thanks for the reply Jim.

Is there anything I can do to improve this situation? The effect is completely different when viewed at Fit/Fill, so the only way to view sharpness across the entire image is to export it.

H'm, while what Jim says is true, you should not see such a difference that it looks like the sharpening completely disappears at 'Fit to screen' size. It sounds like your standard size previews aren't rendered correctly, perhaps because the display driver needs to resize them. Maybe you need to update the drivers for your graphics card.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back