• Welcome to the Lightroom Queen Forums! We're a friendly bunch, so please feel free to register and join in the conversation. If you're not familiar with forums, you'll find step by step instructions on how to post your first thread under Help at the bottom of the page. You're also welcome to download our free Lightroom Quick Start eBooks and explore our other FAQ resources.
  • Stop struggling with Lightroom! There's no need to spend hours hunting for the answers to your Lightroom Classic questions. All the information you need is in Adobe Lightroom Classic - The Missing FAQ!

To help you get started, there's a series of easy tutorials to guide you through a simple workflow. As you grow in confidence, the book switches to a conversational FAQ format, so you can quickly find answers to advanced questions. And better still, the eBooks are updated for every release, so it's always up to date.
  • It's Lightroom update time again! Just the usual new cameras, lens profiles and bug fixes. See this blog post for Lightroom Classic and this blog post for the Lightroom Cloud Ecosystem changes. If you use a custom monitor profile on macOS, note that the Classic performance bug is not yet fixed.

Change File Path of Library

Lightroom Version
LR Classic ver 10.0
Operating System
  1. macOS 10.15 Catalina
First of all, apologies if this is already answered in the forum or in the Missing Questions but I have not found it.

Following a failed upgrade of the Mac Big Sur update, I reverted to Catalina 15.7 but only by erasing the HD and restoring from backups. As part of that process I changed my user name from "doug-mac" to "doug". Consequently my LR Catalog (and all previous catalog backups) points to the path doug-mac/pictures but all my picture files are in the path doug/pictures. I do not want to revert to the original username (having migrated all other data to the now current username). The file structure from doug/pictures is unchanged.

How can I redirect the LR Catalog to find all my pictures again? Do I have to rebuild the entire catalogue and recreate the previews etc and l risk loosing the numerous picture edits?

Lightroom Experience
Power User
Lightroom Version
Classic
Page 442 of your Classic book (2nd Edition) point 4 (in the question about moving to another disk):

Open Lightroom and right-click on the parent folder. Select Find Missing Folder or Update Folder Location from the list, depending on which option is available. Navigate to the new location and press Select Folder (Windows) / Choose (Mac).