• Welcome to the Lightroom Queen Forums! We're a friendly bunch, so please feel free to register and join in the conversation. If you're not familiar with forums, you'll find step by step instructions on how to post your first thread under Help at the bottom of the page. You're also welcome to download our free Lightroom Quick Start eBooks and explore our other FAQ resources.
  • Stop struggling with Lightroom! There's no need to spend hours hunting for the answers to your Lightroom Classic questions. All the information you need is in Adobe Lightroom Classic - The Missing FAQ!

To help you get started, there's a series of easy tutorials to guide you through a simple workflow. As you grow in confidence, the book switches to a conversational FAQ format, so you can quickly find answers to advanced questions. And better still, the eBooks are updated for every release, so it's always up to date.
  • Dark mode now has a single preference for the whole site! It's a simple toggle switch in the bottom right-hand corner of any page. As it uses a cookie to store your preference, you may need to dismiss the cookie banner before you can see it. Any problems, please let us know!

Catastrophic Update

Status
Not open for further replies.

nabob7729

Lightroom Experience
Intermediate
Lightroom Version
Classic
Lightroom Version Number
Classic
Operating System
  1. Windows 10
I had a catastrophic update and did a complete wipe of all Adobe software on the advice of Adobe support. The result was a loss of fonts in the watermarks on output and complete disabling of the Map module. A message appears that the map is offline and only shows the outlines of the continents on a gray background. The wipe removed all support files. Are there any support files missing that would restore these functions? Thank You.

You may need to re-build your Watermark Presets with the Watermark Editor. If font files were removed from your system you may need to 'find' and re-install them again.
The Map needs a good online connection for Google maps, and recent version of Classic.(Your version is..?)
What "support files" are you referring to?

You may need to re-build your Watermark Presets with the Watermark Editor. If font files were removed from your system you may need to 'find' and re-install them again.
The Map needs a good online connection for Google maps, and recent version of Classic.(Your version is..?)
What "support files" are you referring to?
Hi Ron,

I am using Version 11.0.1. I will have to do some reading to rebuild the fonts pre-set. That sounds like a doable task. I don't understand "a good online connection for Google Maps". I'll see how it goes. Thank You.

Bob Anderson

One of the two issues has been resolved. The Norton 360 software was blocking Lightroom communication traffic. Map functions are fully available. Fonts remain unresponsive to presets. Thank You Rob_Cullen.

Fonts remain unresponsive to presets.
If you can provide some details of the 'font' problem we might arrive at an answer.
Can you post a screen-clip of the Watermark Editor showing your font settings?
Is the font you want to use available in your Windows OS? (On Windows Start screen- type "font" to open the font viewer)
Have you 'Saved' a new Watermark Preset to test?
There are some fonts that will just 'not work' with Lightroom, as in this forum thread from 2018-
https://community.adobe.com/t5/ligh...ing-a-font-to-lightroom-classic/td-p/10124538

The output shown below comes up regardless of the font selected in the editor. Tahoma is an available Windows 10 font. Please accecpt my apologies for the delay in responding.
1639169250673.png

Preset.jpg

I see no troubles with your watermark dialog- all looks good.
Except for- The [Bold Italics] setting. This was a big problem that started in LrC v10 and below are some links to forum posts that experienced a problem with italic fonts-
This may be a 'bug' carry-over into v11 perhaps.
I just tested your Watermark settings with Tahoma (Bold & Italic) and could not get an 'Italics' result.
1639172588785.png

Suggestions now-
Do not set 'Italics'
Try different fonts (not bold & italics)
Create a Graphic PNG image in Photoshop text- Use this as a 'Graphic' watermark.

https://community.adobe.com/t5/ligh...on-id=234704242217&search-result-uid=11546437
https://community.adobe.com/t5/ligh...on-id=234704242217&search-result-uid=11525576
https://community.adobe.com/t5/ligh...on-id=234704242217&search-result-uid=11584576

Rob Cullen, all of your efforts are greatly appreciated. I consider the case closed. The fonts do change with only the Bold and Regular opions selected. The problem from Light Room 10 carried over to Version 11.0.1 and lies with Windows 10 communication. Thank you do much for your input. Maybe the problem will disappear once Windows 11 is distributed. Happy Holidays.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back