• Welcome to the Lightroom Queen Forums! We're a friendly bunch, so please feel free to register and join in the conversation. If you're not familiar with forums, you'll find step by step instructions on how to post your first thread under Help at the bottom of the page. You're also welcome to download our free Lightroom Quick Start eBooks and explore our other FAQ resources.
  • Stop struggling with Lightroom! There's no need to spend hours hunting for the answers to your Lightroom Classic questions. All the information you need is in Adobe Lightroom Classic - The Missing FAQ!

To help you get started, there's a series of easy tutorials to guide you through a simple workflow. As you grow in confidence, the book switches to a conversational FAQ format, so you can quickly find answers to advanced questions. And better still, the eBooks are updated for every release, so it's always up to date.
  • Dark mode now has a single preference for the whole site! It's a simple toggle switch in the bottom right-hand corner of any page. As it uses a cookie to store your preference, you may need to dismiss the cookie banner before you can see it. Any problems, please let us know!

Catalogue not found in recently updated v10

Status
Not open for further replies.

vdotmatrix

Lightroom Version Number
V10
Operating System
  1. macOS 11 Big Sur
I fired up LRC and it would not start, finally it said it couldnt find the catalogue. I freaked.

i have a time machine backup.

i do remember when it updated the new version it said it saved the old catalogue somewhere or that i would not be able to use the old catalogue?

I dont remember where the catalogue folder is.

What can i do?

Lr wont start

can i recover the catalogue from time machine? What files do i need? I dont have to restore the entire snapshop shot right?

Look in your Pictures folder. By default the catalog folder is stored in there and is simply called ‘Lightroom’.

I serached on the spotlight for lrcat and found a catlogue in an archived zip file...
but it is only 32mb.

This is a backup catalog. There should be one in your /Pictures/Lightroom folder with this lrcat extension and not a Zip extension

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

This is getting worse as I go.
  • The lightroom folder is not there.
  • LRC finally opened and there is nothing in it , of course because there is not a catalogue associated with it.
so.....i have never needed to go into time machine for anything like this.
If I locate that folder from an earlier date, If I understand correctly, I can restore just restore that folder without the need to restore the whole enchilada. Is this accurate?

LRC finally opened and there is nothing in it , of course because there is not a catalogue associated with it.
There is always a catalog. Lightroom cannot run without one. It Lightroom opened with nothing in it, then that means it created a new catalog.

If I locate that folder from an earlier date, If I understand correctly, I can restore just restore that folder without the need to restore the whole enchilada. Is this accurate?
Yes, that is what Time Machine is all about. Open your Pictures folder, then start Time Machine. You can now 'browse through the history of the Pictures folder' in Time Machine, till you found a copy of that catalog folder. Select it and choose Restore.

https://support.apple.com/guide/mac-help/restore-files-mh11422/mac

Last edited:
Well I am about to jump into the realm of time machine recovery... I found the last TM of lrcat.

I am thinking the V10 in the lrcat name is because it was updated.

At this point I do not want to use the catalogue without the v10 in the name even though it is a larger file? right? prolly wouldnt work anyway.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2021-02-26 at 12.52.44 PM.jpg
    Screen Shot 2021-02-26 at 12.52.44 PM.jpg
    166.2 KB · Views: 119
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back