Not open for further replies.

tspear

Premium Cloud Member
Lightroom Experience
Beginner
Lightroom Version
Cloud Service
Ok, my search judo is failing.
Besides the basic optimize the catalog, I recall there is a way to force Lr to validate the Catalog; but I cannot find it.

I had to perform a force quit on Lr today and I want to verify the catalog as much as possible before doing any more work...

Tim

Cletus,

I did that, does it include the validation? For some reason I was thinking there was a dedicated and separate process to validate the catalog...

Tim

The other process you might be thinking of is "Check Integrity", which is found on the catalog backup menu (along with Optimise). You can also invoke the integrity check when starting Lightroom (hold down the Opt key while starting Lightroom and the "Select Catalog" dialog box opens, which includes a check-box for the Integrity test).

Jim,

That was it. Thanks, no errors or issues reported.

Tim

The other process you might be thinking of is "Check Integrity", which is found on the catalog backup menu (along with Optimise). You can also invoke the integrity check when starting Lightroom (hold down the Opt key while starting Lightroom and the "Select Catalog" dialog box opens, which includes a check-box for the Integrity test).
So glad I found this thread! Your alternate way to check integrity solved my backup problem. Backups were taking more than 20 minutes, and sometimes much longer. After I checked integrity while opening LR one time, backing up (with integrity and optimization boxes both checked) returned to its usual four or so minutes. Thank you!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back