• Welcome to the Lightroom Queen Forums! We're a friendly bunch, so please feel free to register and join in the conversation. If you're not familiar with forums, you'll find step by step instructions on how to post your first thread under Help at the bottom of the page. You're also welcome to download our free Lightroom Quick Start eBooks and explore our other FAQ resources.
  • Stop struggling with Lightroom! There's no need to spend hours hunting for the answers to your Lightroom 6 questions. All the information you need is in Adobe Lightroom 6 - The Missing FAQ!

To help you get started, there's a series of easy tutorials to guide you through a simple workflow. As you grow in confidence, the book switches to a conversational FAQ format, so you can quickly find answers to advanced questions. When you upgrade to subscription, there's also a Lightroom Classic version available.
  • It's Lightroom update time again! New cameras (including the Canon R5/R6), lens profiles and bug fixes, and the ability to disable built-in lens corrections for specific new cameras. Here's the usual list

Catalog validation

tspear

Lightroom Experience
Beginner
Lightroom Version
Ok, my search judo is failing.
Besides the basic optimize the catalog, I recall there is a way to force Lr to validate the Catalog; but I cannot find it.

I had to perform a force quit on Lr today and I want to verify the catalog as much as possible before doing any more work...

Tim

tspear

Lightroom Experience
Beginner
Lightroom Version
Cletus,

I did that, does it include the validation? For some reason I was thinking there was a dedicated and separate process to validate the catalog...

Tim

Lightroom Experience
Advanced
Lightroom Version
The other process you might be thinking of is "Check Integrity", which is found on the catalog backup menu (along with Optimise). You can also invoke the integrity check when starting Lightroom (hold down the Opt key while starting Lightroom and the "Select Catalog" dialog box opens, which includes a check-box for the Integrity test).

tspear

Lightroom Experience
Beginner
Lightroom Version
Jim,

That was it. Thanks, no errors or issues reported.

Tim

The other process you might be thinking of is "Check Integrity", which is found on the catalog backup menu (along with Optimise). You can also invoke the integrity check when starting Lightroom (hold down the Opt key while starting Lightroom and the "Select Catalog" dialog box opens, which includes a check-box for the Integrity test).
So glad I found this thread! Your alternate way to check integrity solved my backup problem. Backups were taking more than 20 minutes, and sometimes much longer. After I checked integrity while opening LR one time, backing up (with integrity and optimization boxes both checked) returned to its usual four or so minutes. Thank you!!!