• Welcome to the Lightroom Queen Forums! We're a friendly bunch, so please feel free to register and join in the conversation. If you're not familiar with forums, you'll find step by step instructions on how to post your first thread under Help at the bottom of the page. You're also welcome to download our free Lightroom Quick Start eBooks and explore our other FAQ resources.
  • Stop struggling with Lightroom! There's no need to spend hours hunting for the answers to your Lightroom Classic questions. All the information you need is in Adobe Lightroom Classic - The Missing FAQ!

To help you get started, there's a series of easy tutorials to guide you through a simple workflow. As you grow in confidence, the book switches to a conversational FAQ format, so you can quickly find answers to advanced questions. And better still, the eBooks are updated for every release, so it's always up to date.

Catalog: Make Public: "adobe.ly can't provide a secure connection"

Status
Not open for further replies.

CameraCarl

Lightroom Experience
Intermediate
Lightroom Version
Lightroom Version Number
LrC 10.3
Operating System
  1. macOS 10.14 Mojave
I want to share a collection from LrC. I clicked on the "Make Public" button in the Library Module and a URL was created. But when I click on the URL in LrC, a window opens in Chrome which says:

This site can’t provide a secure connection
adobe.ly sent an invalid response.
ERR_SSL_PROTOCOL_ERROR

Does anyone have a suggestion about how to get it to launch correctly? The LrC created URL is: Best of Best of Texas

I've tried it with a couple of different catalogs and neither work.

Perhaps you have a local issue; opens fine for me here...

Works fine here, too, using Firefox. Can you try that link with a different browser?

Fix connection errors - Google Chrome Help. The Adobe link may not conform to the Chrome standards for communication protocols. These are designed to prevent fraudulent websites but that also can prevent some that are not fraudulent. Chrome may not like "Best of Best of Texas". (adobe.ly/3tE0m2P) but will be perfectly happy with "Best of Best of Texas" (lightroom.adobe.com/shares/259d2cb510094872a40545edb3baa04)

Thanks all. Well, I rebooted the computer and LrC. Same problem. The URL won't open on any of the three browsers -- Chrome, Firefox, Safari -- I tried. (See attached files to see screenshots.) Then I went to my Windows computer and tried pasting the URL into a window there. No good. Still got an error, but it was a more lengthy and complex error message. So... any other thoughts or suggestions?

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2021-09-13 at 11.54.25 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2021-09-13 at 11.54.25 AM.png
    284.1 KB · Views: 118
  • Screen Shot 2021-09-13 at 11.54.34 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2021-09-13 at 11.54.34 AM.png
    318 KB · Views: 96
  • Screen Shot 2021-09-13 at 11.54.41 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2021-09-13 at 11.54.41 AM.png
    307.7 KB · Views: 111
What happened when you tried the unshortened link?

I tried both shortened and unshortened links in Safari and Opera. Bother resolve without error.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Still no good. I tried it with the https: and without. I tried typing in simply adobe.ly/3lhwndf on a different computer (a Windows 10 computer) and this time got a "potential threat" message ( Potential Threat Detected ). I'm stumped. Two different machines, one Mac and Windows; three browsers; still no go.

Still no good. I tried it with the https: and without. I tried typing in simply adobe.ly/3lhwndf on a different computer (a Windows 10 computer) and this time got a "potential threat" message ( Potential Threat Detected ). I'm stumped. Two different machines, one Mac and Windows; three browsers; still no go.

I think is is a security settings issue either at your ISP (since Windows and Mac have warnings) or on Personal browser security settings on each browser/machine. Since no one else has been able to reproduce your issue with the long and short links that you provide, I have to conclude the the fault is with your settings or your ISP.

Have you created another share on another albums to see if it is persistent?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back