• Welcome to the Lightroom Queen Forums! We're a friendly bunch, so please feel free to register and join in the conversation. If you're not familiar with forums, you'll find step by step instructions on how to post your first thread under Help at the bottom of the page. You're also welcome to download our free Lightroom Quick Start eBooks and explore our other FAQ resources.
  • Stop struggling with Lightroom! There's no need to spend hours hunting for the answers to your Lightroom Classic questions. All the information you need is in Adobe Lightroom Classic - The Missing FAQ!

To help you get started, there's a series of easy tutorials to guide you through a simple workflow. As you grow in confidence, the book switches to a conversational FAQ format, so you can quickly find answers to advanced questions. And better still, the eBooks are updated for every release, so it's always up to date.

Catalog etc appearing on desktop everytime I open

Status
Not open for further replies.

yorkiemom

Lightroom Experience
Advanced
Lightroom Version
Lightroom Version Number
LR Classic 12.2.1
Operating System
  1. Windows 11
I had a problem with Adobe the other week and asked Adobe for help. They solved my problem but everytime I open LR Classic it puts all my catalog items on the desk...the lrcat, data, preview cat etc. When I close the program it puts my catalog in the right place on one of my drives.

In catalog it will "show" my catalog and it says it's on the desktop but I need to change that to make sure this doesn't keep happening. If I delete the ones on my desktop, my LR won't open.

Attachments

• 1.png
    1.png
    217.2 KB · Views: 62
  • 2.png
    2.png
    145.9 KB · Views: 77
  • 3.png
    3.png
    203.5 KB · Views: 69
The Desktop is a folder, a special folder. Unfortunately you have chosen to save the Catalog file and its accompanying file and folders in the Desktop folder. Windows displays the contents of the Desktop and that is why you. see the contents that you show in the first screen.
Preferably, you want to store All of your Lightroom files in a subfolder of the Pictures folder You can create this folder inside Pictures and then with Lightroom closed and not running, you can use Windows Explorer navigate to the desktop folder and select all of the Lightroom related files and folders. Drag and drop or Move them to the subfolder of the Pictures folder that you created.

I didn't chose to save to the desktop...Adobe was online with me trying to solve a problem with opening it. My backups are on my F drive which is external and that is where the backups go. I have looked and seen them. For some reason the one that keeps appearing on my desktop when I open LR Classic is the one that seems to really work the program. When I delete that one (on the desktop) I can't open the program again.

Make a backup copy of the files on your Desktop, then move them all to one folder of your choosing. Double-click the .lrcat file (the one with the blue LrC CAT icon), which should start Lightroom Classic with the catalog in its new location.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back