• Welcome to the Lightroom Queen Forums! We're a friendly bunch, so please feel free to register and join in the conversation. If you're not familiar with forums, you'll find step by step instructions on how to post your first thread under Help at the bottom of the page. You're also welcome to download our free Lightroom Quick Start eBooks and explore our other FAQ resources.
  • Stop struggling with Lightroom! There's no need to spend hours hunting for the answers to your Lightroom Classic questions. All the information you need is in Adobe Lightroom Classic - The Missing FAQ!

To help you get started, there's a series of easy tutorials to guide you through a simple workflow. As you grow in confidence, the book switches to a conversational FAQ format, so you can quickly find answers to advanced questions. And better still, the eBooks are updated for every release, so it's always up to date.
  • 18 October 2022 It's Lightroom update time again and there's a new AI-based Masking tools and a new Content-Aware Remove Healing tool, as well as smaller features, new cameras, lenses and bug fixes! See this blog post for Lightroom Classic and this blog post for the Lightroom Cloud Ecosystem changes.

Catalog Date/Location

Status
Not open for further replies.
Lightroom Experience
Advanced
Lightroom Version
Classic
Lightroom Version
LR ver. 11.3.1
Operating System
  1. macOS 10.15 Catalina
Recently, I had to use an earlier LR Catalog to link to my externally located photos. My LR Catalog is located on my iMac HD.
This earlier Catalog that I used came from my LR>Backups file which happened to be located also on my iMac HD. This earlier Catalog I used is entitled "Cat. 2021-12-29 1456".
(My Backups after 2021 are now located on an external HD. and show the correct date & time.)
(There is no issue with the storage of my Backup to my external HD when i exit LR.)

LR is storing my current Catalog on my iMac in the Backups Folder, using that older date & time 2121-12-29-1456.. However, when I open this Folder > LRUse - 3-2 copy-v-10-v11.lrcat. it does show the current date and time I exited LR.

LR is storing my Catalog in the wrong location/column and is using the Backups Folder.

How can I move the location of the Catalog that is ending up in the Backups on my iMac instead of under LRClassic .

Not sure i made myself clear here., hope the screen shot helps.
thanks again for comments,
aj

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2022-07-13 at 10.22.02 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2022-07-13 at 10.22.02 AM.png
    647.3 KB · Views: 20
Lightroom Experience
Advanced
Lightroom Version
Classic
PS to my original post. I understand why LR keeps putting the Catalog back into the Backups Folder, because that is where I originally pulled that earlier Catalog from.
I suspect that I might just select all of the relevant items for the current Catalog and drag them into the correct place, but am not totally sure about that.

Lightroom Experience
Advanced
Lightroom Version
Classic
I suspect that I might just select all of the relevant items for the current Catalog and drag them into the correct place, but am not totally sure about that.
Yep, that ought to do it.

Status
Not open for further replies.