• Welcome to the Lightroom Queen Forums! We're a friendly bunch, so please feel free to register and join in the conversation. If you're not familiar with forums, you'll find step by step instructions on how to post your first thread under Help at the bottom of the page. You're also welcome to download our free Lightroom Quick Start eBooks and explore our other FAQ resources.
  • Stop struggling with Lightroom! There's no need to spend hours hunting for the answers to your Lightroom Classic questions. All the information you need is in Adobe Lightroom Classic - The Missing FAQ!

To help you get started, there's a series of easy tutorials to guide you through a simple workflow. As you grow in confidence, the book switches to a conversational FAQ format, so you can quickly find answers to advanced questions. And better still, the eBooks are updated for every release, so it's always up to date.
  • Dark mode now has a single preference for the whole site! It's a simple toggle switch in the bottom right-hand corner of any page. As it uses a cookie to store your preference, you may need to dismiss the cookie banner before you can see it. Any problems, please let us know!

Catalog Corrupt?

Status
Not open for further replies.

inkjunkie

Lightroom Experience
Beginner
Lightroom Version
Lightroom Version Number
Lightroom Classic Version 9.0
Operating System
  1. Windows 10
Just got done with rebuilding my desk top. Prior to taking it apart I backed up Lightroom onto 3 separate USB flash drives, just like I always do. I also have it in 2 separate folders on an external hard drive....just in case. Got the machine up and running. All Windows 10 updates are done. Have Lightroom Classic 9, which is the version I had prior to tearing my PC apart. Copied and pasted the back up from one of the USB sticks into the Pictures folder of my C: drive. Went to open LR and got a file corrupt message. Hmmm.......HELP!!!!!!!

What's the exact message you're getting? Was this a Lightroom Classic backup? If so, did you unzip it?

Now that I am not pressed for time...when I first got Windows up and running I was unaware that I apparently needed the latest version of Windows to get the latest version of LR. (I am guessing here) So I downloaded the version that the Cloud app said I was eligible for. Waited for Windows to finish downloading/installing all of the updates and then downloaded LR Classic Version 9, least that is what I think I downloaded. That is when I got the corrupt file message. And yes, I did unzip it. Last night, out of frustration I uninstalled my 2 "Cloud Apps" that I use, PS and LR. Started the download/install process and went to bed. This morning, when I checked I now have LR Cloud Version 9.1. I am pretty sure that last I used LR, which is when I did the backup I had LR Cloud Version 9. This was 2019-12-07. This morning I unzipped the backup from one of the 3 flash drives I use for backups, I copy the file onto all 3 of the drives. Copied my catalog into the folder that LR created when I opened LR this morning. I got this error message.
LR.jpg

I then unzipped and copied/pasted the back up file from the previous backup, which was 2019-12-05. LR now runs. I have no clue what happened or why. Between the the 2 different back up day I edited several images, guessing those edits are gone? While all the changes I did to my PC helped dramatically in its overall speed I will be making one more change here shortly, if I can. My motherboard supports M.2 drives. For no particular reason I will be buying a pair of them and building a RAID 0 array for my C: drive....once I check with the MB manufacturer about something. But given what I just went thru I am a bit hesitant.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back