• Welcome to the Lightroom Queen Forums! We're a friendly bunch, so please feel free to register and join in the conversation. If you're not familiar with forums, you'll find step by step instructions on how to post your first thread under Help at the bottom of the page. You're also welcome to download our free Lightroom Quick Start eBooks and explore our other FAQ resources.
  • Stop struggling with Lightroom! There's no need to spend hours hunting for the answers to your Lightroom Classic questions. All the information you need is in Adobe Lightroom Classic - The Missing FAQ!

To help you get started, there's a series of easy tutorials to guide you through a simple workflow. As you grow in confidence, the book switches to a conversational FAQ format, so you can quickly find answers to advanced questions. And better still, the eBooks are updated for every release, so it's always up to date.

Catalog Confused?

Status
Not open for further replies.

rgmcleod

Lightroom Experience
Intermediate
Lightroom Version
Classic
Lightroom Version Number
Operating System
  1. macOS 11 Big Sur
I've got approximately 85,000 images in my library. They are stored on an external disk (/Usr2), but now I see that I have a whole bunch of folders greyed out on my Macintosh HD. I never keep anything there. And very few folders on the /Usr2 disk. Finder says they are all there. Looks like I also have 2 Macintosh HDs. (which I don't) Any ideas on how this confusion arose and ideas to correct. If more info is need. Will be happy to provide.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2021-08-02 at 6.43.03 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2021-08-02 at 6.43.03 PM.png
    96 KB · Views: 76
  • Screen Shot 2021-08-02 at 6.44.16 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2021-08-02 at 6.44.16 PM.png
    114 KB · Views: 82
Lightroom thinks that those greyed out folders are located on ‘Macintosh HD’. If they are not, and they are on the Usr2 disk, then you probably moved them outside of Lightroom, so Lightroom lost the connection. Read this to ‘reconnect’ them: Lightroom thinks my photos are missing—how do I fix it? | The Lightroom Queen

As for the double appearance of the ‘Macintosh HD’ disk: ignore that for now. If you reconnect all the missing folders on that disk, it should disappear from Lightroom anyway. If not, we can tell you how to fix this too.

Thx Johan. Appreciate the help. I logged back into Lightroom this morning (I'm in the USA) and all looked normal. Everything was in /Usr2 as it should be with no actions on my part. No duplicate Macintosh HD either. Maybe I should get the Exorcist engaged? ;-)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back