• Welcome to the Lightroom Queen Forums! We're a friendly bunch, so please feel free to register and join in the conversation. If you're not familiar with forums, you'll find step by step instructions on how to post your first thread under Help at the bottom of the page. You're also welcome to download our free Lightroom Quick Start eBooks and explore our other FAQ resources.
  • Stop struggling with Lightroom! There's no need to spend hours hunting for the answers to your Lightroom Classic questions. All the information you need is in Adobe Lightroom Classic - The Missing FAQ!

To help you get started, there's a series of easy tutorials to guide you through a simple workflow. As you grow in confidence, the book switches to a conversational FAQ format, so you can quickly find answers to advanced questions. And better still, the eBooks are updated for every release, so it's always up to date.

Catalina & Canon Pro 100 are not Happy together

Status
Not open for further replies.

guzzibob

Lightroom Experience
Intermediate
Lightroom Version
Classic
Lightroom Version Number
Operating System
  1. macOS 10.15 Catalina
Just got a new Canon Pro 100 printer to replace my Pro 9000 Mk2, after just setting up a new iMac. Now I'm finding out that Canon hasn't caught up to the new Apple Op system ( Catalina). I had to retire the last printer because Canon stopped supporting it, now I have a new printer which Canon doesn't support. Whats with that?

Somehow that doesn't surprise me. The Catalina changes are so major, it's taking everyone a while to catch up. Although there does seem to be a Catalina compatible driver on the UK Canon site, so you might want to hunt around a bit.

Just got a new Canon Pro 100 printer to replace my Pro 9000 Mk2, after just setting up a new iMac. Now I'm finding out that Canon hasn't caught up to the new Apple Op system ( Catalina). I had to retire the last printer because Canon stopped supporting it, now I have a new printer which Canon doesn't support. Whats with that?

I’ve only printed a few images using my PIXMA Pro 100 since upgrading to Catalina. Printing was normal. I did not install any new Printer Drivers from Canon. Make sure that you are on the latest release of 10.15.x and Lightroom Classic

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I have used my Pro 100 on Catalina with no problem. Aside from the usual problems with printing ;)

I had the same problem with upgrading to Catalina, but a couple of weeks ago downloaded all the latest Canon software, including PrintShop Pro, and have been happily printing on my Pro-1000 all day. There was new software I had not seen, Professional Print and Layout, which looks similar, but I cannot get it to do anything except develop Error messages, so while I have no idea why that is, it doesn't matter.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back