• Welcome to the Lightroom Queen Forums! We're a friendly bunch, so please feel free to register and join in the conversation. If you're not familiar with forums, you'll find step by step instructions on how to post your first thread under Help at the bottom of the page. You're also welcome to download our free Lightroom Quick Start eBooks and explore our other FAQ resources.
  • Are you using the cloud-based Lightroom apps for iOS, Android, Windows, Mac, and Web? Then you'll love my book, Adobe Lightroom - Edit on the Go!

You'll learn how to use the Lightroom cloud ecosystem to organize, edit and share your photos. You'll also come to understand the thought processes used by professional photographers when they're editing their own photos, so you can transform your photos quickly and easily. And better still, the eBooks are updated for every release, so it's always up to date.

capturing photos in mobile app

Status
Not open for further replies.

AlisonTB

Lightroom Experience
Power User
Lightroom Version Number
cc 8.0
Operating System
  1. macOS 10.13 High Sierra
Hello All:

I can't get the camera to work in the mobile app. When I hit the icon, it asks for access to the camera roll and won't do anything else. Help?

Alison

What device are you using?
What version of the LRCC for iOS app do you have installed?
Have you verified that the devices own camera app is working OK?
I assume when you get the message about camera roll access you are allowing that?

I phone XS max; the CC app is up to date (although I don't really know how to check that); my camera works just not inside lightroom; and yes, I allow it but them I go around and around when I hit the camera button.

THANKS for you help! I'm a Lightroom desktop power users, and this is frustrating.

A

Actually, I'm not sure the XS phone is supported yet, though that usually just refers to raw file support. But how that works within the LRCC app I'm not sure. I'll try to find out.

In the meantime, to check the app version, click on the gear icon on the main albums screen, select About Lightroom and you'll see the version number.

Also, try quitting the LRCC app and restarting it. If that doesn't work you'll need to use the native camera app for now until I can get back to you on the support issue (or someone else knows how to deal with the problem).

The CC camera works fine on my XS Max, so should work on an XS. Have you tried rebooting the phone?

You might have accidentally denied permission to use the camera. To double check that, go to Settings app and scroll down to Lightroom Cc, then make sure the Camera switch is toggled.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back