• Welcome to the Lightroom Queen Forums! We're a friendly bunch, so please feel free to register and join in the conversation. If you're not familiar with forums, you'll find step by step instructions on how to post your first thread under Help at the bottom of the page. You're also welcome to download our free Lightroom Quick Start eBooks and explore our other FAQ resources.
  • Stop struggling with Lightroom! There's no need to spend hours hunting for the answers to your Lightroom Classic questions. All the information you need is in Adobe Lightroom Classic - The Missing FAQ!

To help you get started, there's a series of easy tutorials to guide you through a simple workflow. As you grow in confidence, the book switches to a conversational FAQ format, so you can quickly find answers to advanced questions. And better still, the eBooks are updated for every release, so it's always up to date.
  • It's Lightroom update time again! As well as the usual new cameras, lens profiles and bug fixes, Lightroom Classic has a new local Hue tool, improved ISO-specific defaults, performance improvements and more. The Lightroom cloud ecosystem also gets local Hue, as well as Versions, Activity notifications, text watermarking and the ability to upload your own Discovery tutorials. Here are the full updates about Lightroom Classic and the Lightroom cloud ecosystem.

Library module Capture Time to EXIF Date Options Selections

Lightroom Experience
Intermediate
Lightroom Version
Classic
Lightroom Version
Lightroom Classic 9.2.1
Operating System
Windows 10
I'm using LR 9.2.1 with Capture Time to EXIF plug-in v1.26 on Windows 10 and have a problem with the Date Options selections. I'm trialing the plug-in with a scanned jpg. When I use the plug-in, I input a year, month, day, and time and for Date Options I select EXIF - All Dates and Explorer - Update created and modify time. Automatically run Lightroom's Save Metadata is checked. After I click OK I do a Read Metadata from File in LR. All the EXIF date time fields are updated with the date time I selected. When I right click on the jpg file and go to Properties, the Created date has the date the file was scanned and the Modified date and time has the date and time the plug-in was run. I thought "Update created and modify time" was supposed to update those fields with the year, month, day, and time I selected in the plug-in. Does anyone know if this option is working correctly? Am I misunderstanding what it is supposed to do?

Lightroom Experience
Power User
Lightroom Version
Cloud Service
Lightroom Experience
Power User
Yes, I've used it a couple of times. I just tested with a jpg and it worked as I would expect, setting now as both the file created time and modified. What this setting does is create a new file, then overwrites the existing one. This option is there because some people want backup software to pick up these files as new/modified, while the other two options allow one to update the EXIF without triggering a backup.

Lightroom Experience
Intermediate
Lightroom Version
Classic
I tried it again using the debugging instructions. The file properties display a Created date of March 3, 2020, which is when it was scanned, and a Modified date of today, May 29, 2020, and a time of 2:09:51, which is when I ran the plug-in. I didn't see any errors when I ran the command as a bat file. I thought I would see a permission error. I've attached the run results.

The plug-in is doing what I wanted. Changing the created and modified fields isn't as important as I originally thought. If you see something in the run output that indicates an error, I'd like to know.

Attachments