• Welcome to the Lightroom Queen Forums! We're a friendly bunch, so please feel free to register and join in the conversation. If you're not familiar with forums, you'll find step by step instructions on how to post your first thread under Help at the bottom of the page. You're also welcome to download our free Lightroom Quick Start eBooks and explore our other FAQ resources.
  • Stop struggling with Lightroom! There's no need to spend hours hunting for the answers to your Lightroom 6 questions. All the information you need is in Adobe Lightroom 6 - The Missing FAQ!

To help you get started, there's a series of easy tutorials to guide you through a simple workflow. As you grow in confidence, the book switches to a conversational FAQ format, so you can quickly find answers to advanced questions. When you upgrade to subscription, there's also a Lightroom Classic version available.

Library module Caption Sequence Number

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sandyjas

Lightroom Experience
Intermediate
Lightroom Version
Operating System: Mountain Lion 10.8.4
Exact Lightroom Version (Help menu > System Info): LR 5

When working in Lightroom I caption pictures and I often have many pictures in a run, over the same subject matter. It is just as easy for me to select the whole run and give it the same caption…but I like a number at the end of each individual caption denoting which picture it is in the run. Example: ’17 June 19 Garden Shots I, ’17 June 19 Garden Shots II, ’17 June 19 Garden Shots III, ’17 June 19 Garden Shots IV…ect. I use Roman numerals, but don’t need to. Is there any way around this in Lightroom? I mean having to go back and insert the numbers to each picture’s caption by hand. Is there a way to do it automatically? I have LR 5, I don’t know how I could do it. And also wondered if a newer version of Lightroom does this or lastly is there a plug-in? Thank You for any information. I’ve gotten going importing and keywording, but I spend so much time with these numbers when doing captions. Would love to shorten the process.

Thank You Very Much for any information,

Thank You,

Sandy

Lightroom Experience
Power User
Lightroom Version
Classic
Yes, this is possible by using a renaming rule.
- While in Library, select all the photo you want to rename.
- Press F2 to invoke the rename function.
- Is the drop-down list, select "Filename - Sequence"
- Verify that the "Starting number" is the one you want
- Clic "OK" to rename all the selected photos

Sandyjas

Lightroom Experience
Intermediate
Lightroom Version
Thank You everybody for the information.
Thank You,
Sandy

And Thank You for keeping the board open! Thank You

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.