• Welcome to the Lightroom Queen Forums! We're a friendly bunch, so please feel free to register and join in the conversation. If you're not familiar with forums, you'll find step by step instructions on how to post your first thread under Help at the bottom of the page. You're also welcome to download our free Lightroom Quick Start eBooks and explore our other FAQ resources.
  • Stop struggling with Lightroom! There's no need to spend hours hunting for the answers to your Lightroom Classic questions. All the information you need is in Adobe Lightroom Classic - The Missing FAQ!

To help you get started, there's a series of easy tutorials to guide you through a simple workflow. As you grow in confidence, the book switches to a conversational FAQ format, so you can quickly find answers to advanced questions. And better still, the eBooks are updated for every release, so it's always up to date.

Caption Problem Lrc11

Status
Not open for further replies.

telejd-yahoo

Premium Classic Member
Lightroom Version Number
Lightroom Classic 11
Operating System
  1. Windows 10
Just upgraded from Lightroom Classic 10.4 to Lightroom Classic 11 and whilst the text is correct in the Caption box the spacing has changed.

This is how my captions were before the upgrade

beecherb78637377_2-1636636872433.png
expand image

And this is how they are since the upgrade

beecherb78637377_1-1636636720704.png
expand image

I like to keep things tidy so would like to get back to how they were
Other than changing them all manually not sure what to do here so any help would be greatly appreciated

Many thanks

How did you manage the Line Separation before. Then most common line separation is the Carriage Return/Line Feed (<CR/LF>). I can't insert a <CR/LF> in the caption field by typing in that field (If there is a means to do so, I have forgotten.).

However, If I use a simple text editor that lets me enter each Line followed by a <CR/LF>, I can then paste that text into the caption field .

I just tried this with v11 and it works as you would wish.

How did you manage the Line Separation before. Then most common line separation is the Carriage Return/Line Feed (<CR/LF>). I can't insert a <CR/LF> in the caption field by typing in that field (If there is a means to do so, I have forgotten.).

However, If I use a simple text editor that lets me enter each Line followed by a <CR/LF>, I can then paste that text into the caption field .

I just tried this with v11 and it works as you would wish.
I did this by using the space bar to align the text at the left hand side and this always worked for me. I can enter new captions ok using this method, my problem is getting the existing captions to revert back to how they were before I upgraded to v11

On Mac it's Control + Option + Return, I assume similar on Windows (Alt instead of Opt)

It's far better that way as you're not relying on a number of spaces to determine the layout (which gets messed up if you change the column width)

I did this by using the space bar to align the text at the left hand side and this always worked for me. I can enter new captions ok using this method, my problem is getting the existing captions to revert back to how they were before I upgraded to v11

Yes, using spaces is the wrong way to align text. It fails as soon as the variable pitch font is changed. (Which I think Adobe did in V11) Or the text box field is redefined with new dimensions The LF> is a character combination that takes up no space but moves to a new line like the Carriage Return key on a mechanical Typewriter. Adding spaces until the text wraps clauses a (line feed) with out a hard (Carriage Return).

Paul has pointed out the Key Combination to insert a LF> in your Caption field Text Box. Select all of the Space characters where you want to insert a LF> and use the Windows {Cntl}{Alt}{Rtn}
Unfortunately you will need to do this to every place where you erroneously added spaces to force a

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Yes, using spaces is the wrong way to align text. It fails as soon as the variable pitch font is changed. (Which I think Adobe did in V11) Or the text box field is redefined with new dimensions The LF> is a character combination that takes up no space but moves to a new line like the Carriage Return key on a mechanical Typewriter. Adding spaces until the text wraps clauses a (line feed) with out a hard (Carriage Return).

Paul has pointed out the Key Combination to insert a LF> in your Caption field Text Box. Select all of the Space characters where you want to insert a LF> and use the Windows {Cntl}{Alt}{Rtn}
Unfortunately you will need to do this to every place where you erroneously added spaces to force a

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Many thanks for your help, a bit of work ahead!!

On Windows, Ctrl+Return
On Mac, Opt+Return

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back