Can't use corrupted catalog

Status
Not open for further replies.

travelinartisan

Lightroom Experience
Intermediate
Lightroom Version
I hope someone can help. Not sure if 2 are related I was trying to do some spring cleaning after watching Laura Shoe's webinar on the subject. I tried out the duplicate finder she suggested by a german company Teekesselchen. Seemed to work ok found duplicates . I deleted only a couple.but now my catalog is corrupted I back up everytime I close lightroom so I have back ups. I'm on a Mac running Sierra so I tried the suggestion of moving Corrupt catalog to a new folder called corrupted before using stuffit to unzip backup. I get things running and when i think all is well. when i close it corrupts again.:(. So frustrated just got finished watching creativelive photoshop week. Would love to try out new lessons and can not get my Lightroom to work. This is a first. I use a Mac circa 2012 27 " running Sierra but I store both my catalog and photos on external 1T SSD
on Toughtech little raid drive.

I would have thought you could still use PS if the drama is the LR catalog (??)
Have you tried adding a new test catalog using a few new photos?

Hi travelinartisan, welcome to the forum!

I've been testing that plug-in myself this week, and haven't seen anything that would suggest it corrupts catalogs. Tell us a bit more about the symptoms you're seeing. What happens if you copy the backup onto your internal drive and open it from there, rather than the external?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back