• Welcome to the Lightroom Queen Forums! We're a friendly bunch, so please feel free to register and join in the conversation. If you're not familiar with forums, you'll find step by step instructions on how to post your first thread under Help at the bottom of the page. You're also welcome to download our free Lightroom Quick Start eBooks and explore our other FAQ resources.
  • Stop struggling with Lightroom! There's no need to spend hours hunting for the answers to your Lightroom Classic questions. All the information you need is in Adobe Lightroom Classic - The Missing FAQ!

To help you get started, there's a series of easy tutorials to guide you through a simple workflow. As you grow in confidence, the book switches to a conversational FAQ format, so you can quickly find answers to advanced questions. And better still, the eBooks are updated for every release, so it's always up to date.

Can't update LR and PS on laptop

Status
Not open for further replies.

Traffic

Lightroom Experience
Advanced
Lightroom Version
Lightroom Version Number
LRCC 2015.1.1 on laptop (haven't been able to update for a while)
Operating System
  1. macOS 10.13 High Sierra
Hi, I am a first time poster so please forgive me if I do it wrong. I am having trouble updating Lightroom and Photoshop on my mid 2012 15” MacBook Pro. When I selected Help/Updates in Lightroom, it took me to Creative Cloud and immediately began updating something, but did not tell me what it was. It got to 2% and then froze. I have repeated several times-same response. So I am not able to update LR and PS. Help!

Welcome to the forum. You have a confusing assortment of LR versions Listed in you profile and post. If oy have a subscription, then you need to be running the Adobe Creative Cloud Application manager. It is the app that will manage the parts of your subscription including Lightroom. It will make the necessary version update for you. The Adobe Creative Cloud Application manager. should be running in your taskbar. It might need version updating first especially if your LR app ia as old as you indicate
Screen Shot 2018-09-26 at 2.55.15 PM.png

Thanks for the reply. The screen you show is the one I am accustomed to seeing on my desktop Mac. The screenshot below shows what I get in its place on my laptop. I have searched but am not able to find a program called "Creative Cloud Application Manager", so I am not able to update it. Can you provide further guidance?
Screen Shot 2018-09-26 at 11.25.19 AM.png

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back