Can't sign into LR6.6.1 (hard copy) on two computers.

Status
Not open for further replies.

flogger38

Lightroom Experience
Intermediate
Lightroom Version
Application manager is stoping me from opening LR on my Mac because it was saying that I had to deactivate one of my computers. I only have on other and it is Win 10. So I signed out of the Win10 computer and was able to open LR on my Mac. Now I can't get into LR on Win 10.

I have a bonefide hard disk of LR and a serial number and should not behaving these problems. I believe it all started with Adobe changing the way it tracks the usage of LR program. Before this I never had an issue with LR for over two years.

Any help you can suggest would be appreciated.

Welcome to the forum. Log on to Adobe to access your user account. Click on {Manage Account} and then on the next screen click {Manage Plan}. Under the Section labeled "Activated Devices", deactivate the device that is no longer valid. Then you should be able to activate both your Mac and your Windows PC.

Good try Clee, but unfortunately that only works with the subscription, not the perpetual license.

But if you talk to Adobe chat support, they can deactivate the other instances for you. http://adobe.ly/yxj0t6

It is a shame that they've had to activation, but it's the pirates we have to blame.

I did not realize that there was an Application Manager app with the perpetual license

Yeah, it's the old one that still ships with Elements too.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back