• Welcome to the Lightroom Queen Forums! We're a friendly bunch, so please feel free to register and join in the conversation. If you're not familiar with forums, you'll find step by step instructions on how to post your first thread under Help at the bottom of the page. You're also welcome to download our free Lightroom Quick Start eBooks and explore our other FAQ resources.
  • Dark mode now has a single preference for the whole site! It's a simple toggle switch in the bottom right-hand corner of any page. As it uses a cookie to store your preference, you may need to dismiss the cookie banner before you can see it. Any problems, please let us know!

Can't See the scroll Bars

Status
Not open for further replies.

BoomerM3

Lightroom Experience
Intermediate
Lightroom Version
This problem occurs only in the book module. When I click 'Modify Page' a window pops up showing the possible layouts. On the right-hand edge of the window is a scroll bar - which on my system is invisible. If I'm lucky, I sometime hit the slider and can make a selection. Otherwise, I'm in the dark.

I tried changing the Windows color scheme - no effect inside LR. I know the slider is there because it shows up in Julieanne Kost's videos. So, what's her trick?

LR 6.4 on Windows 7.

Peter

What happens if you use the scroll wheel? Often that works as an alternative for these sliders.

As far as I know, you have to use the scroll wheel. It works for me on Windows 10.

This problem occurs only in the book module...On the right-hand edge of the window is a scroll bar - which on my system is invisible...
LR 6.4 on Windows 7.
This might be fixed by updating to Lightroom 6.5. There's a line in the "Other Bug Fixes" section of the Lightroom 6.5 release notes that says:
We’ve reinstated scroll bars so that you can browse faster in the Book module.

On Windows-10 (and previously 7,8)
I have never seen a scroll bar beside the page templates. I always have to use the scroll wheel.
And the cursor must be hovered above the visible page templates. (that tricks me occasionally)

I updated LR to 6.5. There is no visible change to the scroll bar that started this thread. HOWEVER, it seems easier to scroll and select a template using the mouse.

That's my experience.

There is a bug fix listed in today's Lightroom CC 2015.6/6.6 release notes that says:

"Scrollbars missing from book module. Please note that this only occurred on Windows"

Maybe they got it fixed this time?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back