• Welcome to the Lightroom Queen Forums! We're a friendly bunch, so please feel free to register and join in the conversation. If you're not familiar with forums, you'll find step by step instructions on how to post your first thread under Help at the bottom of the page. You're also welcome to download our free Lightroom Quick Start eBooks and explore our other FAQ resources.
  • Stop struggling with Lightroom! There's no need to spend hours hunting for the answers to your Lightroom Classic questions. All the information you need is in Adobe Lightroom Classic - The Missing FAQ!

To help you get started, there's a series of easy tutorials to guide you through a simple workflow. As you grow in confidence, the book switches to a conversational FAQ format, so you can quickly find answers to advanced questions. And better still, the eBooks are updated for every release, so it's always up to date.

Can’t see adjustments being made anymore

JCG714

Lightroom Experience
Intermediate
Lightroom Version
Classic
Lightroom Version
Classic - 9.0
Operating System
  1. Windows 10
I recently upgraded to LR classic version to 9.0
Now when I use my adjustment brush I can see the initial brush but any changes that I do to the slider i.e. exposure temp etc while the brush is in use I can’t see the changes until I hit done. Before the update I could see the changes as I was making them without having to hit done. So frustrating to not know if what your changing is correct unless you hit done. I don’t know how to get it back to showing me the changes in real time using the brush not after hitting done.

JCG714

Lightroom Experience
Intermediate
Lightroom Version
Classic
Through a different forum I was able to resolve this issue by resetting my LR preferences back to default. I learned that the LR preferences can sometimes cause unexplained odd program behavior and resetting it to default usually clears up what ever the problem is. Just make sure you take photos, screenshots or write down what your preferences are before you reset to default, after the reset you can change them back to what you had.