Can't save develop presets

Status
Not open for further replies.
M

mreddington

As the title suggests I am having difficulty saving develop presets. For instance, if I want to make a preset that desaturates all colours I desaturate an image, then click on + in the presets panel and save the presets under "User Presets". The title of the preset appears in the list but if I try and apply it to another image it is ineffective.

I'm probably doing something silly but this is such a useful function that I would like to get it to work.

Incidentally, adding presets from, for instance, the Inside Lightroom site, is no problem - I can save them and apply them.

Martin

As the title suggests I am having difficulty saving develop presets. For instance, if I want to make a preset that desaturates all colours I desaturate an image, then click on + in the presets panel and save the presets under "User Presets". The title of the preset appears in the list but if I try and apply it to another image it is ineffective.

I'm probably doing something silly but this is such a useful function that I would like to get it to work.

Incidentally, adding presets from, for instance, the Inside Lightroom site, is no problem - I can save them and apply them.

Martin
Can you provide a little more detail on exactly the way you are doing this and the results v expected results.

First, I should have said I am using LR 1.2 on Windows XP SP2.

I have in the meantime successfully created several presets but the desaturate colour one still escapes me. I was interested in trying this after a suggestion by Martin Evening.

I start with a colour DNG image (from a Ricoh GX1''). Under HSL I desaturate each colour to -1''. The image is converted to B&W.

I then go to the save preset to save it as a new develop preset. I select Treatment (color) and Color/Saturation only since I don't want to change any other parameters. The new preset is saved and appears under User Presets but I am then unable to apply it to any other images and if I move the mouse over the preset title with a new image, the navigator image doesn't respond.

HOWEVER I have just noticed that if I tick not only Color/Saturation but "color adjustments" it works.

Puzzling behaviour since I would have expected it would be sufficient to just click the saturate box under "color". At least I know now what to do.

Thanks for your reply

Martin

Glad to hear you've got it sorted.

The Presets box isn't as clear as it could be - the layout doesn't make a lot of sense to me either.

Color > Saturation refers to the Saturation slider in the Basic panel.
If you want your HSL settings, you need that Color > Color Adjustments checkbox which refers to that HSL/Color panel.

That's a nice "sort of" happy ending.

Thanks to all.

Ian, I have added info to my signature but must admit that, despite years of computer experience, I couldn't figure out what you mean by "don't forget to edit the trailing BB Code to include the forward slash". It would be nice to use the same formatting as others for the sake of consistency.

Martin

I couldn't figure out what you mean by "don't forget to edit the trailing BB Code to include the forward slash"

I think it means make sure the line ends with [/color][/size] and not [color][size].

Shout if you get stuck, and I'll see if I can figure out how to change it for you!

OT

Victoria, you have your forum formatting code backwards and no color indicated.
[/color][/size] and not [color][size] should be (color = "Red")(size = "2") and not (/color)(size).

I substituted ( and ) above so you could see it. This following is correct:

and not .

:D

Don

Hang on, isn't that what I said?

make sure the line ends with [/color][/size] and not [color][size]

Actually Martin, it's easier just to use the nice easy formatting controls!

lightroom_forums_-_edit_post-2''71'1'-115752.jpg

Sorry, Victoria, too early in the Morning for me. I should have read the whole thread!

And I had missed that the Blue underlined button was color formating!

Thanks,

Don

p.s.

It's Victoria, Martin!

:)
D

LOL I guess I'll be known as Veronica now then! :roll::cheesy:

Oh dear! Strange thing, I don't know any Veronica so who knows what I have been dreaming about.

Sorry Victoria!!! :D

Martin

Not a problem Martin. I almost called you Michael when I was replying. No idea why on that either!!! :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back