• Welcome to the Lightroom Queen Forums! We're a friendly bunch, so please feel free to register and join in the conversation. If you're not familiar with forums, you'll find step by step instructions on how to post your first thread under Help at the bottom of the page. You're also welcome to download our free Lightroom Quick Start eBooks and explore our other FAQ resources.
  • Stop struggling with Lightroom! There's no need to spend hours hunting for the answers to your Lightroom Classic questions. All the information you need is in Adobe Lightroom Classic - The Missing FAQ!

To help you get started, there's a series of easy tutorials to guide you through a simple workflow. As you grow in confidence, the book switches to a conversational FAQ format, so you can quickly find answers to advanced questions. And better still, the eBooks are updated for every release, so it's always up to date.

Can't resize Lightroom Classic window on my iMac

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mitchell Z

Premium Classic Member
Lightroom Experience
Intermediate
Lightroom Version
Classic
Lightroom Version Number
Operating System
  1. macOS 12 Monterey
I'm using Lightroom Classic 12.01 on an iMac (Retina 4K, 21.5-inch, 2019), running under OS Monterey 12.6. On launching Lightroom, the window occupies almost, but not quite, the entire screen, which also shows on the right, the top right and sometimes on the bottom, the dock and the edge of the desktop or other window that is underneath. See image below.

The Lightroom window cannot be resized. If I mouse to the edge where I can see other stuff, I ought to see a resizing scroll or something other than the arrow. But I don't.
I'd like to be able to look at other files or folders while I'm in Lightroom, but to do so I now have to minimize Lightroom. Which I can only do with Command-H. When I mouse to the top left of the screen, I don't see the Red-Yellow-Green dots for the window. I don't think this can be standard for Lightroom, but I don't know. Help?! Thanks.

201•Desktop•Can'tResize.jpg

Solution
Shift+F once or (probably) twice. That key combination cycles through a couple of "full-screen" modes, so using it once or twice will restore to the "normal" view with the Red/Yellow/Green dots.
Shift+F once or (probably) twice. That key combination cycles through a couple of "full-screen" modes, so using it once or twice will restore to the "normal" view with the Red/Yellow/Green dots.

Solution
Thanks so much! That did it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back