sargan

Lightroom Experience
Beginner
Lightroom Version
Lightroom Version
Lightroom version: 6.14 [ 1149743 ]
Operating System
  1. Windows 10
I will admit my LR catalogue is in a mess ....
Today I have some pictures I can view in Explorer but they do not show in LR .... folder does not show,
I created a copy in a new folder .... when I try to import that it fails advising its a duplicate.

I did a search and it tells me the file exists .. I go to it, it shows but when I try to open it, it says folder hot found.

How do I correct this

Secondly are there any tools to 'rebuild LR catalogue' within Lr thee are a large number of 'greyed out' empty folders

Lightroom Experience
Power User
Lightroom Version
Cloud Service
I will admit my LR catalogue is in a mess ....
Today I have some pictures I can view in Explorer but they do not show in LR .... folder does not show,
I created a copy in a new folder .... when I try to import that it fails advising its a duplicate.

I did a search and it tells me the file exists .. I go to it, it shows but when I try to open it, it says folder hot found.

How do I correct this

Secondly are there any tools to 'rebuild LR catalogue' within Lr thee are a large number of 'greyed out' empty folders

When you import an image file into Lightroom Classic, it stores the path in the catalog file. If you move, rename or delete a cataloged image file outside of LrC, the the catalog stored path in no longer valid. LrC can’t find it without help. This can also happen if you are a Windows user and Windows changes the Drive letter for your EHD

On the LrC menu there is a function called “Find Missing Photos”. This will produce a special collection in the Catalog Panel showing all of the image file that are no longer in the path that was stored in the catalog file. Run this function to Locate all of the images that are Lost. Then you can right click on any of the “lost” images to open a menu to find the missing photo.
Also in the Folder panel there may be folders that also have an invalid path They will show with a (?) beside the folder icon. Finding these lost souls may then result in properly locating large groups os missing image files

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk