• Welcome to the Lightroom Queen Forums! We're a friendly bunch, so please feel free to register and join in the conversation. If you're not familiar with forums, you'll find step by step instructions on how to post your first thread under Help at the bottom of the page. You're also welcome to download our free Lightroom Quick Start eBooks and explore our other FAQ resources.
  • Stop struggling with Lightroom! There's no need to spend hours hunting for the answers to your Lightroom Classic questions. All the information you need is in Adobe Lightroom Classic - The Missing FAQ!

To help you get started, there's a series of easy tutorials to guide you through a simple workflow. As you grow in confidence, the book switches to a conversational FAQ format, so you can quickly find answers to advanced questions. And better still, the eBooks are updated for every release, so it's always up to date.
  • Dark mode now has a single preference for the whole site! It's a simple toggle switch in the bottom right-hand corner of any page. As it uses a cookie to store your preference, you may need to dismiss the cookie banner before you can see it. Any problems, please let us know!

Can't lock zoom in Compare view if images are of different dimensions

Status
Not open for further replies.

jjlad

Lightroom Experience
Advanced
Lightroom Version
Classic
Lightroom Version Number
Operating System
  1. Windows 10
Hi there,
Just received 300+ photos to edit. Most are crops so resolutions are low.
ENHANCE does a great job of giving me some meat to work with. Next comes the sharpening and noise reduction and I've been flipping the Enhanced DNG's that need that into Topaz Sharpen Ai as JPEGS to do it. Once I'm happy with those, I delete the DNG's which are pretty large files so I just have the jpgs left which I can further edit in LR then export for the client.
During my workflow I compare some of the results, so I select the original, go into Compare View then use the arrow keys to compare it to the Enhanced and the Enhanced Edit (from Sharpen Ai). etc.
The problem in Compare is there seems to be no way to lock the RELATIVE Zoom.
The LOCK option causes them both to zoom the same amount relative to their individual original size ...so no locking of the 'relative' zoom
The SYNC option causes them both to pan in sync but if the Enhanced is zoomed to 100% for normal 'examination' and the original is zoomed to 200% to compare it to the Enhanced, they can not be panned together. As soon as Sync or Lock is clicked the relative zoom changes and they can only be simultaneously panned from their original sizes so they start out the same
I find it impossible to get the zoom slider to stop at 200% for the original. No problem hitting 100% for the Enhanced though. No option to key in a % and no option to LOCK the relative zoom sizes as one pans around the image.
Now that we have ENHANCE and it works so well, having an option to LOCK the RELATIVE ZOOM so both images are panned simultaneously seems like a logical option that should be there ...so perhaps it is and I'm just missing it. Just shaking off a bout of Covid so wouldn't be surprised.
Anyone have a rope you can toss me?
Thanks

It’d be a good feature request, but I can’t think of a way to do it now.

Click on the "Bug Report/Feature Request" link at the top of the page.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back