• Welcome to the Lightroom Queen Forums! We're a friendly bunch, so please feel free to register and join in the conversation. If you're not familiar with forums, you'll find step by step instructions on how to post your first thread under Help at the bottom of the page. You're also welcome to download our free Lightroom Quick Start eBooks and explore our other FAQ resources.
  • Stop struggling with Lightroom! There's no need to spend hours hunting for the answers to your Lightroom Classic questions. All the information you need is in Adobe Lightroom Classic - The Missing FAQ!

To help you get started, there's a series of easy tutorials to guide you through a simple workflow. As you grow in confidence, the book switches to a conversational FAQ format, so you can quickly find answers to advanced questions. And better still, the eBooks are updated for every release, so it's always up to date.

Can’t load update, Creative Cloud app vanished. Any ideas before I call Adobe Help?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Martin Owen

Premium Classic Member
Premium Cloud Member
Lightroom Experience
Intermediate
Lightroom Version
Classic
Lightroom Version Number
Classic 9.1 Release. Camera RAW 12.1
Operating System
  1. macOS 10.15 Catalina
I saw that there was a new update to Lightroom Classic today today and went to the iMac to install.

However my Creative Cloud app has vanished! Tried to open it from the Launchpad, but it wouldn’t. Hmmm......

Opened adobe.com and tried to download the creative cloud app from there. When it tries to install I get a “installation failed. Another installer is running. Close installer or wait for it to finish before retrying”.

There is no other installer running! I’ve closed everything and restarted the Mac. Makes no difference.

I’ve tried going to updates in Lightroom, but that does nothing.

Lightroom also has developed a ‘Syncing 1 Photo’ issue, even though there doesn’t appear to be anything trying to sync.

So before I try the marathon help session with Adobe (which I REALLY don’t want to do!). has anyone any ideas, or come across such a thing?

Thanks in advance.

No, not a thing. I can’t find Creative Cloud in applications either. Mighty strange as I haven’t done anything.

So, got on chat with Adobe Help. The guy spent two and a half hours trying all sorts but in the end he admitted defeat and has escalated the issue. I can expect to be contacted in 24 -48 hours!

I saw that there was a new update to Lightroom Classic today today and went to the iMac to install.
However my Creative Cloud app has vanished! Tried to open it from the Launchpad, but it wouldn’t. Hmmm......
Had the same experience two days ago after a restart. I found CC Here: /Applications/Utilities/Adobe Creative Cloud/ACC/Creative Cloud.app
Within its preferences I turned ON Launch CC at Login and AUTO UPDATE to hopefully keep it up and running.

MacOSX 10.14.6
LR Classic 9.1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back