Zack S

Lightroom Experience
Intermediate
Lightroom Version
6.x
Lightroom Version Number
Operating System
  1. Windows 10
Recently I installed my copy of LR 6.14 on a new laptop. I installed a 2nd drive (E:) in it for storing photos for LR.
For some reason I am unable to import the photos from my E: to my D:. I have searched in the manual for a solution by have not found one.
Any idea what I am doing wrong here? I bet is is something very simple.

Thanks
Zack Schindler

Attachments

• LR 1.jpg
    LR 1.jpg
    161.3 KB · Views: 147
Zack

Welcome to the Forum! Are you intending to move the files at the same time? Or did you intend to use Add in the dialogue?

I am so glad that I found this forum!

What I would like to do is move all of them all to my E:.

Also is it possible to have LR create folders based on years and then have it automatically put photos in them based on when the photos was created?

Last edited:
I will give that a try. Thanks, However I don't mind if I loose my catalog from my old PC. There are a lot of duplicate photos and I really would not mid starting fresh on a new PC.

Sometimes that's not a bad idea, but a lot of work Zack! You could try sorting your duplicates (thread below just updated)

How do I clean up duplicate photos? | The Lightroom Queen

Also, you might consider writing the edits you did to the photos before the new Import (so Ctrl-S / Cmd-S) - you won't then see the history of develop steps but the state the photo was in when last edited will be saved (and will import with those changes)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back