• Welcome to the Lightroom Queen Forums! We're a friendly bunch, so please feel free to register and join in the conversation. If you're not familiar with forums, you'll find step by step instructions on how to post your first thread under Help at the bottom of the page. You're also welcome to download our free Lightroom Quick Start eBooks and explore our other FAQ resources.
  • Stop struggling with Lightroom! There's no need to spend hours hunting for the answers to your Lightroom Classic questions. All the information you need is in Adobe Lightroom Classic - The Missing FAQ!

To help you get started, there's a series of easy tutorials to guide you through a simple workflow. As you grow in confidence, the book switches to a conversational FAQ format, so you can quickly find answers to advanced questions. And better still, the eBooks are updated for every release, so it's always up to date.

Can't Import CR2 files to LR Classic CC

Status
Not open for further replies.

Harper

Lightroom Experience
Beginner
Lightroom Version Number
Lightroom version: CC 2015.6 [ 1078672 ]
Operating System
  1. Windows 10
The apps for my Adobe subscription are all up-to-date. I can open the Canon CR2 file just fine in Photoshop (release19.1.6).

But in LR, when I select the CR2 files to import, firstly they show "Preview unavailable. Check file".
Secondly, when I select the files and try importing them, it tells me "File cannot be opened by Lightroom".
I'm running LR 2015.6 release which is the most recent I can get through Creative Cloud. I'm using Camera Raw 9.6.
I'm new to shooting RAW and frankly because of the problems, I'm seriously thinking it's not worth it.
Oh, BTW, I'm using a Canon T7i. It's been out since early 2017 so that shouldn't be an issue.
It's a P*I*T*A to have to run all my CR2 files through the Adobe Converter. Surely I'm doing something wrong?

Can anyone help? Txs!

You're surprised that images from a 2017 camera can't be read by a copy of Lightroom from 2015?
You need to update your Lightroom to Lightroom Classic CC using the CC app, not checking for updates with Lightroom.

Why can you only get LR 2015.6? I thought that if you were on subscription you could update to LR Classic CC last year. Currently LR is version 8. Canon recently had updates as well.

Your camera was not supported until LRCC2015.10. The Latest version of Lightroom Is Lightroom Classic 8.0. It should be available as an update if you are running the Adobe Creative Cloud App Manager. Since you have Photoshop CC 19.x you should also be able to install Lightroom Classic 8.0. Can you post a screen shot of the Adobe Creative Cloud App Manage Apps Section and also report the version of Adobe Creative Cloud App Manager. It should be v4.7.0.400

PS is version 20 right now. Camera RAW is 11.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back