• Welcome to the Lightroom Queen Forums! We're a friendly bunch, so please feel free to register and join in the conversation. If you're not familiar with forums, you'll find step by step instructions on how to post your first thread under Help at the bottom of the page. You're also welcome to download our free Lightroom Quick Start eBooks and explore our other FAQ resources.
  • Are you using the cloud-based Lightroom apps for iOS, Android, Windows, Mac, and Web? Then you'll love my book, Adobe Lightroom - Edit on the Go!

You'll learn how to use the Lightroom cloud ecosystem to organize, edit and share your photos. You'll also come to understand the thought processes used by professional photographers when they're editing their own photos, so you can transform your photos quickly and easily. And better still, the eBooks are updated for every release, so it's always up to date.

Can't get to 1st base with LR CC Vers 6 (Library or develop)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Safariholic

Lightroom Experience
Beginner
Lightroom Version Number
LR 6.0
Operating System
  1. Windows 10
Paid and paying the Monthly Fees of £9.99 and cannot even get started ...........

What am I trying to do:
1. Load New Images, in chronological order (Image Capture time taken rather than Loaded), into the Library
2. Develop them as necess
3. Discard those that are deemed NO Good (or not pertinent to an Album - BUT I may want to keep them for some other reason, so keen to NOT Loose them completely from My Cloud).
4. Export to and Keep in Albums (in separate Portable Hard Drive).

NB. Videos I keep in a different & separate File, and treat separately. LR just help me get chronological order sorted.

Thanks for your help/Inputs

Screenshot (4) is what is on my Screen/ DeskTop
or
Screenshot (5) shows some Images loaded, but into Where

Attachments

• Screenshot (4).png
    Screenshot (4).png
    105.7 KB · Views: 70
There's no Screenshot (5), but Screenshot (4) shows that you appear to have selected a source called "2017", which I cannot see anywhere in the left-hand panel. So that's a bit of a mystery, but if you click on All Photos in the left-hand panel that should at least populate the grid and let you get started (though as there are 1101 images in the Deleted album, you would appear to have already made some progress).

As you are starting out with a new program (the new Lightroom is nothing like the old Lightroom that you were more familiar with), you might think about buying Victoria's "Edit Like a Pro" book which is an extensive guide to the new cloud-based ecosystem that you have started to use. You could save yourself a lot of frustration if trying to learn the new Lightroom without any form of help.

There's no Screenshot (5), but Screenshot (4) shows that you appear to have selected a source called "2017", which I cannot see anywhere in the left-hand panel. So that's a bit of a mystery, but if you click on All Photos in the left-hand panel that should at least populate the grid and let you get started (though as there are 1101 images in the Deleted album, you would appear to have already made some progress).

As you are starting out with a new program (the new Lightroom is nothing like the old Lightroom that you were more familiar with), you might think about buying Victoria's "Edit Like a Pro" book which is an extensive guide to the new cloud-based ecosystem that you have started to use. You could save yourself a lot of frustration if trying to learn the new Lightroom without any form of help.
Screenshot 5 was deemed too large.

CANNOT locate either 'Library' or 'Develop', so any images Imported are Unusable, so populated Grid is just that.

Ditto deleted Ones (1101).

CANNOT locate either 'Library' or 'Develop', so any images Imported are Unusable, so populated Grid is just that.
There is no "Library" or "Develop" in the Lightroom desktop app, but that does not make the images "unusable" (click on the Edit icon at the top of the right-hand tool panel if you want to edit the images). As I said, you might consider buying a book that explains how the app works, or alternatively switch to using Lightroom Classic (which DOES have the "Library" and "Develop" modules that you are used to).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back