• Welcome to the Lightroom Queen Forums! We're a friendly bunch, so please feel free to register and join in the conversation. If you're not familiar with forums, you'll find step by step instructions on how to post your first thread under Help at the bottom of the page. You're also welcome to download our free Lightroom Quick Start eBooks and explore our other FAQ resources.
  • Stop struggling with Lightroom! There's no need to spend hours hunting for the answers to your Lightroom Classic questions. All the information you need is in Adobe Lightroom Classic - The Missing FAQ!

To help you get started, there's a series of easy tutorials to guide you through a simple workflow. As you grow in confidence, the book switches to a conversational FAQ format, so you can quickly find answers to advanced questions. And better still, the eBooks are updated for every release, so it's always up to date.

Can't find photos imported!

Status
Not open for further replies.

yorkiemom

Lightroom Experience
Advanced
Lightroom Version
Operating System:Windows 10
Exact Lightroom Version (Help menu > System Info): LR Classic 7.2 rel Camera Raw 10.2 rel

I recently got a new computer and installed LR Classic again.
I imported a lot of photos the other day and now I can't find them! I didn't realize where they were going to because my files were all showing. I've looked everywhere.

Decided to get all the photos from my delete folder and put back on my desktop but they won't all import (and I have to figure out to change) because they are somewhere on my hard drive.

Any way I can locate or fix this problem?

I don't run on Windows but it sounds like you thought the photos themselves would be included in your LightRoom catalog?

If so that is a mistake.

It's best to think of lightRoom as an index into an existing file system of photos. The photos themselves, the actual image files, are elsewhere on your system and should never be deleted or moved outside of LightRoom.

I do know that...have been using LR for a number of years. I was importing from the desktop but they imported wrong and now I can't find them. Most aren't on the desktop anymore...they are somewhere.

They are showing in the Catalog??If so Right Click one and Choose 'Show in Explorer"

I can't recall what it said when I right clicked...something to the effect they couldn't be found...not sure. In the meantime I still had the photos on a stick and I re copied to the right volume.

Still can't figure out why my catalog is showing as a new place since I reinstalled it.

It is showing I guess the old one under E where I usually have it. I don't really want them on my C drive. Not sure if I can move or what. And delete the old ones. I'm assuming if I did it would be the LR 5 catalog-2-2 and catalog 2-2-2

Attachments

• cap 1.PNG
    cap 1.PNG
    249 KB · Views: 298
  • cap 2.PNG
    cap 2.PNG
    228.3 KB · Views: 305
I can't recall what it said when I right clicked...something to the effect they couldn't be found...not sure. In the meantime I still had the photos on a stick and I re copied to the right volume.

Still can't figure out why my catalog is showing as a new place since I reinstalled it.

It is showing I guess the old one under E where I usually have it. I don't really want them on my C drive. Not sure if I can move or what. And delete the old ones. I'm assuming if I did it would be the LR 5 catalog-2-2 and catalog 2-2-2

Attachments

• cap 2.PNG
    cap 2.PNG
    228.3 KB · Views: 280
In the Library module of LR, click on the bottom bar somewhere next to the file name :

upload_2018-3-19_22-31-10.png

In the menu that appears, select "Previous import" (third line from the top)
Once the photo previously imported are displaued, right click on a picture to get the contextual menu and select "Show in explorer" .

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back