• Welcome to the Lightroom Queen Forums! We're a friendly bunch, so please feel free to register and join in the conversation. If you're not familiar with forums, you'll find step by step instructions on how to post your first thread under Help at the bottom of the page. You're also welcome to download our free Lightroom Quick Start eBooks and explore our other FAQ resources.
  • Stop struggling with Lightroom! There's no need to spend hours hunting for the answers to your Lightroom Classic questions. All the information you need is in Adobe Lightroom Classic - The Missing FAQ!

To help you get started, there's a series of easy tutorials to guide you through a simple workflow. As you grow in confidence, the book switches to a conversational FAQ format, so you can quickly find answers to advanced questions. And better still, the eBooks are updated for every release, so it's always up to date.

can't find imported photos

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pat5

Lightroom Version Number
Lightroom Classic version: 9.0 [ 201910151439-b660523e ]
Operating System
  1. macOS 10.14 Mojave
A major screw up on my part while learning Lightroom. I've imported a ton of photos from various folders but have no idea of where I've put them. Is there anything I can do to re-import them now that I know how to tell Li where to put them? The original files are all organized in a system of folders which Finder can see.

Select one of those photos and then choose 'Photo - Go to Folder in Library'. That will show you where it is.

In Li the photos are grayed out if in import mode so I can't edit. I can't select one. So I cancel the import. In the Navigator panel the folder is not listed where they are. In Finder I select the photo, right click but no option for Photo-Go to Folder in Library.

@hardiep5, sounds like you Folders tab is hidden.

Press "G" just to be sure that you are in the Grid mode.

In the left panel there are options for what you can see. The "Navigator" tab is always present but there should be at least one more tab below that. If you right click on that there should be a pull down menu with an option "Show all" or you can simply click on the "Folders" and that add the "Folders" tab.

Now you should be able to follow Johan's instructions.

-louie

In Li the photos are grayed out if in import mode so I can't edit. I can't select one. So I cancel the import. In the Navigator panel the folder is not listed where they are. In Finder I select the photo, right click but no option for Photo-Go to Folder in Library.
You need to be in the Library module of Lightroom, not in the import dialog. First look for them in 'All Photographs' (upper left corner), then after you found one do the 'Go to Folder in Library' menu.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back