• Welcome to the Lightroom Queen Forums! We're a friendly bunch, so please feel free to register and join in the conversation. If you're not familiar with forums, you'll find step by step instructions on how to post your first thread under Help at the bottom of the page. You're also welcome to download our free Lightroom Quick Start eBooks and explore our other FAQ resources.
  • Stop struggling with Lightroom! There's no need to spend hours hunting for the answers to your Lightroom Classic questions. All the information you need is in Adobe Lightroom Classic - The Missing FAQ!

To help you get started, there's a series of easy tutorials to guide you through a simple workflow. As you grow in confidence, the book switches to a conversational FAQ format, so you can quickly find answers to advanced questions. And better still, the eBooks are updated for every release, so it's always up to date.

Can't edit at 1:1 and 4:1 in Book Module on cover designs

Status
Not open for further replies.

Allan1947

Premium Classic Member
Lightroom Experience
Beginner
Lightroom Version
4.x
Lightroom Version Number
Lightroom Classic 8.4.1
Operating System
  1. Windows 7
Any ideas here please? I have Lightroom Classic v8.4.1 running in Windows 7 Pro on a 64-bit machine, and done fine for two years now. Just starting to get into creating Books -- when editing text in a book, while I can easily toggle on pages of the book among "Fit", "1:1", and "4:1" views using the Preview pane on the left, I cannot seem to do that for cover designs (dust jacket or image wrap, doesn't matter), except for the spine. Regardless of where I click on the cover design, when I want to use 1:1 or 4:1, LR won't show anything but the spine. Have tried all the recommended ways of navigating within the cover design. Really have to get a way to look at and edit text up close in various locations on the front and back cover. Fingers crossed one or two of you out there can tell me the easy thing I'm overlooking!

It seems as that's the way it is. We cannot change it.
Make a suggestion on the 'Feedback' forum-
https://feedback.photoshop.com/photoshop_family/categories/photoshop_family_photoshop_lightroom
I do not have problems with front cover titles- Type in a larger font, then reduce to wanted size.
For lots of text on the back cover I might type it out in Ms-Word, then copy and paste to the text cell.
Hit keyboard F5, F6 and F7, or even [Shift+Tab], to give your book cover more screen 'real-estate'.

Fantastic. Thanks. I had started less powerful versions of the workarounds you recommend, and you have freed me from feeling as if there's a trick in LR that would do it easily. I'll suggest the issue to the link you kindly included as well. OK, onward, and I truly appreciate your promptness; I go now from dead in the water to just in the water!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back