• Welcome to the Lightroom Queen Forums! We're a friendly bunch, so please feel free to register and join in the conversation. If you're not familiar with forums, you'll find step by step instructions on how to post your first thread under Help at the bottom of the page. You're also welcome to download our free Lightroom Quick Start eBooks and explore our other FAQ resources.
  • Are you using the cloud-based Lightroom apps for iOS, Android, Windows, Mac, and Web? Then you'll love my book, Adobe Lightroom - Edit on the Go!

You'll learn how to use the Lightroom cloud ecosystem to organize, edit and share your photos. You'll also come to understand the thought processes used by professional photographers when they're editing their own photos, so you can transform your photos quickly and easily. And better still, the eBooks are updated for every release, so it's always up to date.

Can’t edit anything since update.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tim Ryland

Premium Cloud Member
Lightroom Experience
Intermediate
Lightroom Version
Cloud Service
Lightroom Version Number
V5.3.0
Operating System
  1. iOS
Since the update I can no longer edit any of my photos. They are all stuck with a rotating wheel and say ‘Preview not editable’. This is true for photos I had in Lightroom and for any new imports. I’ve always had syncing turned off as my Internet is slow to non-existant. This worked perfectly before the last

I was about to say I've seen a bug on that, but it was yours! Glad to see it was solved so quickly. https://feedback.photoshop.com/photoshop_family/topics/can-t-edit-anything-since-update
How was it solved?
I can't read more than three lines of the OP, and it ends with "this was working fine before...". Seems like the post is not displaying correctly.
Anyway, I had exactly the same problem with my 2020 ipad and LR CC 5.2.5. Grey menus, and the cloud icon showing "Preview - Not editable". Upgraded both ipad OS and LR to the latest and it was fixed. Tap on cloud icon now shows "Smart Preview".
I have a thread on adobe forums on this:
https://community.adobe.com/t5/ligh...-tv/preview-not-editable/td-p/11227985?page=1

It was solved the same way you solved your issue....by upgrading Lr to the latest version.

So then I conclude that LR v 5.2.5, the one I was on, was a complete dud and should never have been released. Pretty grim.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back